Heading Home

Pairings: Stella Kidd and Kelly Severide

Mentions:

Summary: When two firefighters fell in love with each other and their lives changed for good

Author's Note: This story is inspired by the TV series Chicago Fire and it deals with the lives of our real-life heroes

Warnings:
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
It had been a couple of days since her accident, the doctors told Kelly that she was clear to go home and finish her recovery. Stella was really happy to be heading home after being stuck in the hospital for a couple of days. Kelly had brought her set of clothes that had been sitting on the chair beside the bed. The nurse came in and took all of the lines and machines off of Stella and walked out of her room. Kelly was walking back to Stella's room with some roses from the gift shop at the hospital. Stella slowly got up from the bed gently held her side and walked over to grab the clothes that Kelly left her and head to the bathroom to change.
Kelly walked into Stella's room and saw she was gone and he called out her name
" Stella"
In the bathroom, Stella could hear her name being called and she opened the door to see a very worried Kelly in front of her with some beautiful roses
" Babe I'm here, I'm just getting change so we can go home together "
Stella walked over to Kelly and took the roses from him and she lightly leaned in without hurting herself and kissed his lips softly. Kelly gently takes Stella's hand and they both walk out of Med together.

Ten minutes later they arrived home from the hospital, Kelly pulled into the driveway and stopped the car. Stella held her side and slid out of the truck. Kelly got out of the truck walked over to Stella gently picked her up and carried her inside. Stella was caught off guard and held onto him as he carried her inside. Stella held onto him as they walked into the house together. Kelly closed the door with his feet and carried Stella to the couch.

Stella sat on the couch with a wince as she was in pain and looked at her man and said

"Thank you for being here for me through this whole thing, it was my fault "

Kelly looked at Stella and said

"Don't you dare blame yourself for this accident"

Stella slid over to Kelly and leaned into him Kelly gently wrapped his arms around her waist and held her softly as they relaxed for the evening. Stella leans into Kelly and slowly falls asleep on his chest. Kelly and Stella stayed on the couch for the night .