CHAPTER 3

Marlowe stood in the back of one of the rooms the group had been using. She didn't want to stay but now she had a few reasons too. Number 1, Rachel had seen her, not the one she put on for show but the real her she tried to hide. She had no idea how much of her life the young girl had witnessed, it sent a wave of panic and sorrow through her system, she would've been angry if Gar hadn't constantly told her how Rachel was still trying to control her abilities, which she couldn't fault her after hearing that. The second reason was she herself was curious, curious about the family and why they were trying to take Rachel, where their training came from and why were they unlike any other hired hit-people she'd met.

The teenagers had been tied together in one room supervised by Gar, Rachel and herself, which Dick was very reluctant about at first, and then the two adults were being interrogated by Dick and Kory. The trio had been told not to interact with them, a glare being sent to Marlowe, but it wasn't like she had a thing for listening to others anyway.

"So, lets start off easy. What do we call you." She asked, leaning against the wall with a cheery smile on her face that was clearly fake.

They glanced at each other for a moment before looking at Rachel, both creepily in sync. "You can call us Daughter and Son." 'Daughter' answered, earning a scoff from the former assassin.

"Seriously? out of all the codenames that's yours, well that's not cool." Gar nodded slightly, looking like he was scared to be caught agreeing with her. Rachel was pacing slightly from the door to the bed, hands stuffed in her pockets as her jaw moved as if to say something, until she finally did.

"Why are you and your weird family trying to kill me?" Her tone suggested she was stressed, like to the point of ripping her hair out. Rachel's gaze was directed at the teenage girl, filled with fear. In all honesty Marlowe felt bad, she was young, had abilities that went beyond everyones knowledge and she was being hunted and from what she'd gotten to know of Rachel so far she just seemed like a nice-but frightened girl.

The siblings ignored her, changing the subject. "You should come with us." 'Son' told her whilst his sister agreed. "If not, we're all going to be in trouble." He continued, his lips pulling up slightly as his eyes were cold, staring straight ahead. Rachel looked a lost of words as the two being integrated turned to one another.

Short answers were getting them nowhere, she was hoping the interrogation in the other room was going better, but right now she wanted her own answers. Dick didn't know who she was, meaning he'd most likely hold answers back from her. With a deep sigh, Marlowe sauntered forwards, pulling the knife from her boot and placing it up to Son's throat, not yet applying enough pressure where blood would spill. Her right hand went to his hair and held him still though he didn't seem to struggle.

"You didn't answer her question, I would advise doing so if you like your head attached to your neck." She snarled, now letting a fine line of red trickle down his throat. From the corner of her eye she could see how Gar had stiffen up and she felt slightly guilty, but she was taught that what had to be done, got done.

The two siblings spared each other another glance before the boy pushed his head closer, drawing more blood. "You don't want to be in trouble." He continued, him speaking causing the line to weaver slightly above his Adam apple.

She studied him slightly, watching how his eyes held no emotion, thinking back to how he acted when they fought. He wasn't like every other person she had interrogated. His words seemed rehearsed, when usually they would speak of how they 'weren't gonna talk'. She pulled back the knife, wiping it on the already dirty bed sheet before putting it back into her boot and looking towards the two teens who seemed to have calmed now that the weapon was away.