chapter 2

(TW: suicide)
i drive to the club that everyone was going to, I got out of my car as soon as I saw emma, billie, cody and eric. Eric looked like he was upset about something. Hopefully he wasn't jealous of cody talking to me. yes I have feelings for Cody but I didn't want to ruin anyone's relationship. When we all walked in, it was dark but had disco ball lights and shit like that. There was music blasting. We all sat down at a table and ordered some drinks, I ordered myself a non alcoholic beverage. "Let's go dance" , emma said. we all danced with each other, Eric still looked upset, I've noticed everytime cody looked at me, Eric rolled his eyes at us. The music had stopped and the DJ announced that it was a slow dance. The DJ put on love story by Taylor swift and cody reached out his hand and smiled. I smiled back, Eric was gone at this point. "I'm not exactly good at this" I said, nervously. "No worries, I'm not either" cody replied with a chuckle. I looked deeply into his beautiful blue eyes, I was so lost in them I couldn't function right. Cody then reached down slowly and put his lips on mine. I froze for a second and ran away to the restroom. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck he has a boyfriend, I feel so guilty. What about if they break up all because of me? I'm feeling like a terrible person. I cried as I thought...then just outside of the restroom door, I heard people arguing, sounded like two men.
"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME??!"                     "I JUST GOT SO LOST IM SORRY"
"YOU KNOW WHAT?? LATELY IT FEELS LIKE YOU DONT WANT TO BE WITH ME ANYMORE, LIKE YOU BARELY TALK TO ME, YOU STAY OUT LATE, AND YOU KISSED A GIRL THAT WE JUST MET LIKE 5 HOURS AGO???!! I DONT THINK I WANT TO BE WITH YOU EITHER. YOU REALLY HURTED ME."
then I heard a sigh and footsteps walking away.  I knew it was cody and Eric... Oh shit, I am a terrible person, I just wrecked a relationship that could have ended in a happily ever after. I then ran out and got into my car and drove away. I was crying, I felt so bad. They both have every right to hate me especially after that happened. I ran inside my apartment and I sat on my bed and had my knees underneath my chin, while I was thinking and crying about the whole situation. I've never felt this bad in my life, I am the most horrible person out there. I fell asleep crying. I woke up by my phone ringing, I looked at the screen, it was emma, why would she be calling at 2am? "Hello?" "hey Olivia, please come to the hospital now, it's about cody... I think he tried to kill himself." "what?? Okay I'll be there in a few" I said in a shaky voice. I ran to get my keys and ran to my car, and drove to the hospital. As I got out I met billie outside and we rushed in. "Emma and I tried calling Eric but he won't answer." Billie said. "Oh yeah, I think something happened between them two, I'm not going into details, I don't even know if I'm allowed to know."  I replied. We went inside Cody's room he was staying in. I felt a tear, i know I've only knew this man for literally 5 hours but I think I fell in love with him already. I love him. I don't want to say it but I really do love him. Cody then woke up and saw me. He smiled at me, he was a bit confused at first. "why am I here?" He asked. Emma replied "cody you took a lot of pills at the club we were at, you had a overdose, we called the ambulance because we knew it was an attempt, we found this on a piece of napkin...
"I give up, I don't want to be here anymore. There is no point of living, no one will notice if I'm gone. -cody" billie then said, "cody you can always talk to us if you ever need anyone to talk to."