Introductions

Fulton had gotten to the ice rink early to practice his slap, but mostly to try to settle his nerves. Today, he was going to be meeting the new recruits for Team USA. He never thought he would even make it out of that little alley where he used to shoot hockey pucks but here he was, training to play for his country. He hadn't even realized he had stopped shooting until a sharp voice snapped him out of his thoughts. It wasn't that bad kind of sharp that got on people's nerves. It was the quick-witted kind of sharp that got his attention and may or may not have made his heart stop mid-beat.

"Are you gonna keep hogging the rink for your existential crisis or are you willing to share?"

Fulton snapped his head towards the source of the voice. The sight he saw caused his breath to catch in his throat but he held back a cough the best he could. A smirking girl clad in a New York Rangers jersey was stood at the entrance to the ice. Her curly auburn hair was pulled into pigtails and the ice reflected into her emerald green eyes. Fulton could see them shimmering from where he stood in the middle of the rink. He shook his head slightly to get his thoughts straight again before responding.

"I mean, I usually like to take on a crisis in private but I guess you can stay" He said. 

The girl's lips turned upward into a grin, making Fulton smile along with his heart flutter. She set her bag down on the bench and skated to be opposite her much larger companion. She smirked at him before quickly stealing his puck and swiping it into the goal. Fulton's jaw hung slightly open in shock at her speed and strength.

"Beginner's luck," he said, stuttering over his words as he retrieved the puck. "You couldn't make that shot again if you had someone blocking you"

"Why? Because I'm a girl?" she snipped back at him. "A girl can't be an enforcer?"

Fulton knew he was definitely screwed. His mouth went dry and his palms began to sweat buckets. He tried to get a few words of apology out but he couldn't comprehend the fact that he had really screwed up that badly with a pretty girl.

"I'm messing with you, Bigfoot." she chuckled. He sighed with relief and smiled at his new nickname. Even if she meant it as an insult, he still thought it sounded beautiful coming from her. "I play forward but I still can hit a pretty good puck. Even when I have a big enforcer hot on my tail" With one swift movement, she had stolen his puck again and began to skate away. Fulton quickly caught onto her actions and began to chase her around. They giggled as he tried to steal the puck back but was unsuccessful as she scored yet another goal. She threw her arms up in triumph as if the imaginary crowd in the stands was cheering her on. Fulton cut her celebration short by catching her around the waist and lifting her off the ground. They continued to laugh with each other as if they had known each other for years. Just old friends having a good time. The girl turned around in his arms and their giggling ceased when they realized how close they were. She was almost flush against his chest as one of his hands remained lightly pressed against the small of her back, their hockey sticks interlocked at their sides.

"I'm Fulton Reed" he said, releasing her bashfully and holding out his hand for her to shake.

"I'm Sophia Marrazi" she replied, taking his hand in hers without hesitation.

They could both feel the sparks shooting through their gloves at each other's touch and they both looked down to hide the evident blush creeping onto their cheeks.

"Miss Marrazi!" a new voice caused Fulton and Sophia to quickly release their hands. They turned to see a man with five other teenagers also clad in hockey gear.

"Glad to see you're already here and getting to know the team" he said.

Fulton looked back at Sophia as she chuckled softly. "I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other"

Author's note: As you can tell, I am a sucker for the love at first sight trope. After this chapter, I'll be putting songs at the beginning of the story that I think go along with Sophia and Fulton's relationship. And if you guys want any specific things to happen in the story, I will be taking requests (I get really bad writer's block so that would actually be really helpful). Thank you guys for reading and enjoy the next chapters