The First Date

The kids all sat in Miss McKay's classroom, struggling to stay awake. Coach Bombay had kept them until 3 am doing sprints. Sophia's knee ached like there was no tomorrow but that seemed like the least of their problems. They were all having to juggle hockey practice and school while running on no sleep. Some had even considered asking Dean if he could get them caffeine pills but not only was the performance enhancing but he couldn't get them anyway. 

Anyway, a few students were knocked out already, Luis being one of them. Miss McKay gently shook him to get him to wake up but that only resulted in him mumbling something. She shook him again and he woke up, saying a quiet apology. 

"Alright, I think we'll call it a day. You all go to your dorms and get some rest. Hockey practice is cancelled for tonight." She said, standing up and placing her hands on her hips.

"I don't think Captain Blood would be too happy about that, Miss" Sophia said, lifting her head from her arms.

"Don't worry about him. I will handle it. You all go and rest up" Miss McKay began to usher them out.

Sophia lightly scratched Fulton's head as he was leaned back against her desk, asleep. She placed a delicate kiss on his forehead when he didn't wake up the first time. He slowly lifted his head up as his eyes fluttered open. He turned around to face her.

"Miss McKay let class out early. And she cancelled hockey practice," Fulton opened his mouth to speak but Sophia cut him off. "She's gonna take care of Bombay. We need to get some rest."

She stood up and held out her hand it him. Fulton smiled sweetly before taking her hand and walking with her to the dorms. They made it to the girls' building before they stopped in front of the door. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to come in and keep you company?" Fulton smirked down at her, causing Sophia to chuckle.

"As tempting as that is, we both need to get some rest. I'll see you later, ok?" She placed a kiss on his cheek and began to walk into the dorm when Fulton caught her by the wrist.

"Why don't we have our date tonight? I mean, we won't have practice and this might be our only night of freedom."

Sophia's eyes shifted to the sky as she thought about the idea. After thinking for a moment, she smiled up at Fulton who was biting his lip hopefully.

"Ok, I'm in. But only if you go and get some sleep. We can go around 6"

"Deal" Fulton beamed as he placed a swift kiss on her cheek before jogging to his dorm. Sophia smiled and walked into the dorm, slowly sliding down the door.

Time Skip to Right before the Date (The focus is gonna shift between them so just bear with me)

                                                                                  SOPHIA

"How do I look? Do I look ok?" Sophia asked as she nervously fluffed her hair.

"For the millionth time, you look great" Julie said, walking over to stand behind her in front of the mirror along with Connie.

"Yeah, you look like a million bucks. Fulton won't know what hit him."

Sophia smiled at her friends, the nipping feeling in the pit of her stomach beginning to subside. Everything was calm for a moment and she was enjoying it. That is, until they heard a knock on the door. Let's just say, she wasn't too calm.

                                                                                FULTON

"How do I look? Do I look alright?" Fulton asked as he ran his hands through his hair for what seemed like the hundreth time.