Orson Krennic

Finally home, includes your child who looks like him

The death star was finally complete, although Orson did not want to leave the project he had been working on for so many years to the care of Grand Moff Tarkin. He begrudgingly accepted this and before he would start another project he would return to his home of Lexrul to see you, his partner who had not seen him for three years. Orson did feel regret for not being with you for so long and was planning for you to move with him to Coruscant so that you can work with him on a new project.

Orson's mind was spinning with thoughts, he hated that he had to leave the project and especially hated Tarkin for pushing him off the team. Orson was also worried that in the time he had been away you had been unfaithful to him or that you may have died. He had made sure that you lived comfortably in a high rise in Sativran City, he hated the idea that his own partner would live in anything but luxury.

Krennic took the lift up the high rise, watching the window out at the sprawling city in which he was born into a family who struggled to make ends meet. The suns were setting, creating a beautiful sunset, making the sky turn bright red.

The elevator pinged and Orson turned, walking forward into the door and rang the bell next to. He was not a man who became anxious, but at this moment his heart was beating wildly, he had not told you he was returning. The door opened and none was there. Confused, Krennic looked down to see a small boy, the boy stared up at him and he stared back.

"Boy is your mother home?" Orson asked, he crossed his arms. The child walked back into the house and Orson opened the door more, slipping into the house and shutting the door behind him, his keen eyes analysing the corridor which led to other rooms. He heard a smash and his eyes darted to it. You stood there, the bowl in your hand which you had been holding fallen to the ground at the surprise of seeing him here.

"Orson" you murmured, stepping over the broken bowl and lunging at him into a hug.

"Hello darling" he said, wrapping one arm around you and another on the back of your head, he rested his face against your hair, closing his eyes, happy he was finally home with you. You also closed your eyes, relaxing into his body, he had not changed much, his smell, feel and hugging being the same as you remembered it.

"Mommy, who is this?" the boy asked, pulling you both out of the sweet reunion. Slowly you both let go, Orson, eyeing the boy, he had worked out it was most likely his, the boy's hair being a beautiful brown and he had piercing blue eyes.

"This little bear is your father" you said, picking the boy up and looking back at Orson, worried that he may reject you for keeping a child. Orson stepped forward, peeling his gloves off and cupped the baby's head, looking closely at the child. He looked up at you "What is his name?" Orson asked.

"Arthur" you said, still worried about what Orson would do. Orson looked back down at the child and gently kissed his head.

"Father" Arthur said, grinning slightly.

"How old is he?" Orson asked, standing to his full height.

"two and a half" you said, placing him on the sofa so you could clear up the bowl. "Is it completed?" you asked.

"Yes" Orson said. "But I no longer control it. My work reduced to nothing in an instant"

"Oh Orson" you murmured, looking up at him, placing the broken bits in the bin and cupping his cheek. "I know how much the project meant"

Orson huffed slightly. "I am starting another project"

You smiled sadly, letting go of his face and looking over to Arthur.

"You will be coming with me to Coruscant with me" Orson said, placing his gloves in his pocket and waiting for your reaction.

"Why?" you asked, confused.

"So you can work on the project" Orson said. "furthermore I will be able to place Arthur into a good school which can get him onto the empire future program like you and I did"

You smiled, looking back at Arthur. "If I refused would I be left again?" you asked, looking up at Orson who frowned at your question.

"Regrettably yes"

"Arthur needs a father" you said. "And I need a husband" you smiled.

"Good" Orson said, raising your chin and placing a kiss on your lips, stroking your cheek slightly with his thumb. You melted into his kiss, the first of three years for the both of you and it would not be the last.