Chapter 28: Of Strength and Passion

"Hylla? What're you doing here?" I asked surprised and confused to see Reyna's older sister in an Amazon factory...oh...don't tell me this is a cover up for the Amazonians!?

"We live here," she answered.

"Are you really that down on your luck?" Percy asked confused.

"Quite the opposite, Jackson," Hylla told him.

"Percy, the company is called Amazon, they're Amazonians, what do you think is going on here?" I asked him, since he hasn't seemed to put two and two together yet.

"Are you kidding me!?" he asked bewildered.

"I'm surprised it took you both this long to figure it out," Hylla interjected.

"Does that mean you lost my pillow-pet on purpose!?" Percy asked her, outraged for a single mishap.

"For the sake of the gods, Percy, it's just a stupid pillow-pet! Let it go already!" I pleaded with him.

"Never!" he shouted.

"Aren't you a little old for pillow-pets, Jackson?" Hylla asked confused.

"Oh, so there's an age restriction, now?" Percy asked sarcastically.

"Enough of this! We came here because we're trying to find and free Thanatos. The only problem is, we don't exactly know where he is, beyond somewhere in Alaska. Think you can help us?" I asked her.

"Recently our warehouse in Juno went dark, and I have a sinking feeling I know why. The other night we were attacked by Polybotes and his forces, they nearly killed us all, but thanks to some godly intervention on my mother's part, we managed to beat them back. I would suggest starting your search there," she informed me.

"That explains why Polybotes' trail brought us here," I said. "If the enemy is to attack again, you need to leave. Make for Camp Jupiter in the south, join up with your sister, and the Roman demigods. They'll need your help," I told her.

"Not that I have qualms going to the aid of my little sister, but why?" she asked confused.

"Because Polybotes and his army have their sights set on Camp Jupiter. I've already sent Nathan Stilbon, Son of Astraios, back to Camp Jupiter to warn them of the oncoming attack and to prepare, but we'll still be at a severe disadvantage, come the battle," I warned her. "You and your Amazons could help level the playing field," I explained.

"Alright, should the need arise, and we need to fall back, that's where we'll go," Hylla assured me.

"Thank you, Hylla," I said gratefully. "Alright team, let's move," I instructed them, but all I got back were tired groans.

"Need rest," Hazel said tiredly.

"Sheesh, you've run them into the ground, Adrian. I'm impressed," Hylla smirked.

"Please don't encourage him," Percy begged her. "You should see how he drills his cohort. It's borderline torturous," he described fancifully.

"I took a bunch of ragtag, scared teenagers, and turned them into warriors, in a matter of days, Percy. Peace had made them weak, so I broke them, and then reforged them into great warriors," I argued.

"Yeah, yeah," Percy groaned tiredly. "Let us rest. We've been at it all day and night now. Not to mention you're weaker during the day," he pointed out and regrettably he was right.

"Alright we can take a couple of hours to rest and recuperate, but the longer we wait, the more the scales descend into complete chaos, without Thanatos to balance them," I reminded them.