Chapter 17: The Search Begins

Walking through the camp, the sound of power tools blearing through the air had caught my undivided attention.

Looking toward Bunker Nine, there was a large tent, like you'd see at a Circus, with the words: 'Keep Out', written all across the tent.

"What're those charcoal brains, up to this time?" I asked myself, but a little too loud it seemed.

"Who knows? They're as secretive as you, Cross," Connor Stoll walked up beside me.

"I'd like to think I'm pretty open about myself, Stoll," I disputed.

"As open as a locked safe, Cross," he argued.

"For some, perhaps," I admitted with a smug grin.

"I'm not getting anything out of you, am I?" he asked disheartenedly.

"Now you're catching on," I patted him on his shoulder.

Walking off, I made my way back toward my cabin, when a sea nymph approached me. They were still dripping wet, so I can only imagine, they've just arrived. Bidding me to follow her, she led me into Cabin Three, where Poseidon, Triton, Amphitrite, and Cymopoleia, awaited me. Seeing me and the nymph enter, Poseidon bid her to leave, before saying anything else. When the door finally closed again, Poseidon rose from his chair and approached me.

"Lord Poseidon and company," I half-bowed to them.

"I thought you said he was as mannerless as they came, Triton," Amphitrite whispered to her son.

"I can hear you, you know," I told her, crossing my arms.

"My statement still stands," she said resolutely.

"Please let's not get off topic," Poseidon bid us.

"And what exactly is, the topic, Poseidon? And what does it have to do with me?" I asked him, slightly irritated, since I'm not one who likes to waste time with pointless banter...on some occassions.

"It's about Percy, and need I really say why, it concerns you?" Poseidon asked me, crossing his arms and cocking an eyebrow in curiousity.

"Not at all," I assured him. "I imagine, Ms. J, told you about me coming over and asking about Percy,?" I suspected.

"Indeed and how she described Percy the night of said disappearance, has me, concerned," Poseidon admitted as he sat back down in his chair. "For eight months, you ceasely tracked Orion all across the Ancient Lands, I need you, to use those skills of yours, to aid us in finding Percy," he asked of me almost begging.

"I'll do what I can, Poseidon, but even I'm not sure I'll be able to find him," I admitted worriedly. "I mean, you had what was seemingly an unbreakable tether to Percy, and if you aren't able to find him, through such means, then I'm not sure, how I'll be able to find him," I explained.

"At least try to," he begged me.

"I never said I wasn't. He and I made a pact to always look out for one another, I intend to make good on that pact, it's just going to be harder finding him," I clarified. "On top of that, I also have to help Jason, Leo, and Piper, find Hera," I reminded them.

"Is it out of the realm of possibility, that if you find Hera, you'll find Percy, too?" Triton spoke up.

"It's certainly not out of the question, or the realm of possibility," Cymopoleia added. "I, however, have faith in our loyal wolf," she continued rising to her feet and approaching me with a lascivious look in her eyes.

"Hardly the time to be getting personal with Adrian, daughter," Poseidon spoke up sternly, much to my relief, even so she wasn't deterred and placed a kiss on my cheek. "I'll just ignore that, but nevertheless, I thank you for your help, Adrian," he said with a grateful smile.