Chapter 3

Chairman: Dear Director, due to your busy schedule, we have begun interviewing members of your staff. I'm certain you will let us know if this bothers you. However, our debriefings keep coming back to a single subject at Outpost 17-B. Can you explain to us what this Meta and Supernova is, and what your plans are to deal with it?

At rats nest, agent Washington and Thea were waiting for the commander. While two blues kept poking here with their guns.

Thea: (Threatening) If you don't stop poking me, I'm gonna rip your arms off like Chewbacca.

The blues backed away in fear as officer Miller runs down a ramp to Washington and Thea.

Miller: Oh no! Hell no! Excuse me, sir, but no goddamn way!

Washington: You must be Lieutenant Miller.

Thea: Can you call off your men please?

Miller: No way in hell red! I got other Reds comin' out of my ass here lady, and you two wanna take away one of my men for a... what did you say this was for?

Blue: Secret mission, sir.

Miller: Aw, you gotta be-a what!?

Wash: I think you have bigger issues than troop assignment, soldier. Like getting some of these vehicles back in working order. ''Wash indicates to the burning tank and wrecked jeep.''

Thea: Yeah, what happened here?

Miller: Well since you asked Red, I'll tell you. (Motions Wash) This is HIS fault! He sent us the new guy; he said he was good with vehicles. All he does is talk to 'em. Talk to 'em! What the hell is that all about? And now look at the damn things!

Thea: So Caboose was the one who did this?

Miller: You bet you pretty little ass he did!

Thea: What-?

Wash interrupts her.

Wash: I don't need to discuss your problems. I have orders, and those orders say I need Private Caboose and I need him now. He has information that could be vital to this-

Miller: Wait a second, Caboose? You're taking Caboose? And I don't have to pay you or anything like that?

Wash: Is that a problem?

Miller: A problem? Hehe, hell no! It must be Christmas morning n' no one told me. You stay right there, I'll get 'im for you. Private Jo-a-nes? Jo-a-nes? Jo-a-nes, where the hell are ya'!?

Thea and Wash look at each other, then back at Miller.

Jones: (sigh) Sir, for the millionth time, my name is pronounced 'Jones'. Jones.

Blue: Shut up, Jo-a-nes!

Jones: Seriously, lots of people have the name, it's very common. How am I the first person you've met called Jones?

Miller: Jo-a-nes, I need ya to go down to the brig, untie Caboose and get him up here. And bring Private Ortez with you!

Jones: Me... alone? With the other guy?

Miller: Double time, Jo-a-nes.

Jones: Its pronounced... never mind, Christ.

Jones walks into the base and calls for Shawn.

Jones: Private Ortez!

Shawn wakes out with his helmet off.

Shawn: What's up Jones?

Jones: I need you to come with me to untie Caboose.

Shawn: Finally! I told you guys to let me talk to him and all you do is tie him up in the brig! Jeez.