𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗-𝚋𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕

Living in England, you were used to the bipolar weather and strong rain. It had always been a joy to you,watching the rain fall from your windowsill. Growing up, your parents never allowed you to go out in it, in fear you would catch a cold. But, now an adult, you were in control of what you do. Your garden hosted a seating area which luckily had a shelter on top, meaning you could sit out in it with no worry about getting wet. Also, there was a fire pit near the seating area. This meant when you say outside in the cold, the warmth of the fire seemed to keep you comfy.

You placed yourself onto the soft outdoor sofa and began to watch the rain pour down. It was falling heavier than ever and it seemed to bring you a sense of calmness. You lived alone and sometimes the loneliness was very overwhelming. The rain was a sort of comfort to you, giving you some company in the isolated moments. You lived in this house due to a lot of hard work and being a successful business owner. Owning a salon meant you had little to no time at home, but when you did it was lonesome and depressing. You were eternally grateful for being able to live in a nice area in Milton Keynes, but sometimes you wish there was someone to share the house with. Your neighbour Ben messaged you now and again. You got along really well but you always feared you were annoying him by messaging him. Therefore, you ended up leaving it to when he messaged you to talk to him. And he did. A ping came from your phone.

 A ping came from your phone

You smiled to yourself. The rain had subsided but there was still a faint drizzle. You didn't know where this newfound confidence had come from, but you were glad you were no longer going to be alone. An unlocking of the back gate pulled you from your thoughts as you saw Ben run round the corner, trying to avoid getting any rain on himself. "Hello darling." He smiled and pulled you in for a hug. You said hello back and moved over so he could sit next to you. "Nice setup you've got going on here." Ben said whilst admiring your garden. "Thanks! I love it out here. Gives me something to do." You replied also admiring your hard work. "I see you out here a lot." He said whilst looking at you. You laughed. "Been stalking me now have you?" He chuckled with you and shook his head. "Nah. I get lonely a lot so I end up looking out the window trying to find something to entertain me." He continued to laugh, but you knew it bothered him. "That's why I'm out here all the time. Nothing else to do." You said with a solemn look on your face. He tilted his head sympathetically and moved closer to you. You leaned into him and lent your head against his chest, it was weird for you to be so close to someone. "I feel the same, should've told me. Could do this every night." He whispered into your hair. You leant further into his chest as he played with your hair. "You're a beautiful girl Y/N." He said softly. "Not too bad yourself Benjamin." You smirked. "I mean it. I think you're amazing love. You've accomplished so much at such a young age, anyone would be lucky to have you." His comments caused you to look up at him and admire the man. You'd always had an attraction to him but you never perused anything, too scared of rejection. He smiled down at you and you saw something in his eyes, almost like a desire to do something. Your eyes flickered from his eyes to his mouth, longing to feel them against yours. He seemed to understand your eye movements and leaned in to kiss you. Moving his hand behind your head and holding you close, his lips danced against yours as the rain seemed to escalate in excitement. You pulled away and gazed into his eyes. You decided it was now or never, tell him how you feel. "I really like you Ben." You shyly admitted. "Well I'm glad because I feel the exact way." He softly spoke before leaning in for another kiss.

The night continued with wine, kisses and cuddling near the fire. And these nights became more frequent, before you both decided to make it official and Ben moved in with you. He insisted he moved into yours because of the garden and the memories it held, it seemed to be his favourite place. Every rainstorm saw Ben and you cuddled up outside, reminiscing about the memories you share with each other. A few years later you were blessed with a pair of beautiful children who shared your love for the rain. Watching Ben play with them outside as the rain fell brought a warmth in your heart. He jumped in the puddles with them and spun them around as they giggled. They all wore welly's and raincoats that protected them from the weather conditions as they ran around the garden. You were internally grateful for the rain, it brought you both together and allowed you to meet the love of your life.