Prologue. You better run, better run

Louis kept running and running, even though his legs were giving up. He couldn't stop, he would die otherwise.

Damn me and my stupid mouth, that's all he could think about; but, honestly, couldn't have he just stopped talking?

He couldn't hold himself upright and, at this point, he couldn't even breathe. He was thinking about giving up and just face his destiny, when he saw a ray of light coming from the middle of the woods. And he did the last thing a person in such a bad situation should do: he found hope.

If there's one thing I understood throughout my life is that hope is that motherfucker that makes you delusional. No matter the situation, if you are hopeful, you will found yourself crying in a bathroom and, in my case, with a razor at hand.

But apparently, whatever it is that controls our lives decided that Louis deserved a second chance.

He got to the house and started banging his fist on the window, screaming for help.

He could hear the footsteps from the wood approaching him, but the hope he had, that bitch, wasn't going away anytime soon.

He started openly sobbing, not even caring at this point, just praying, hoping, that whoever was in that house (if there even was someone) would save him.

Just as Louis was about to give up, again, he saw a tall figure walking towards him with scared green eyes.

Louis didn't even let him open the window fully before throwing himself at the stranger, basically hugging him by the waist, and say: "Please, please, please, help me!! They wanna kill me!! Please!! I'm too young to die, I don't w-wann-na d-ie, pl-plese!!"

And the unknown man replied with his gentle voice: "Hey you little thing, why don't you come inside and explain to me what is going on, so I can help you better? That sound good?"

Louis started nodding his head so fast it's a mystery how he didn't snap his neck.

And just when he thought he was safe...

"OPEN THIS DAMN WINDOW, WE NEED TO HAVE A TALK WITH THAT LITTLE BITCH" the obnoxious voice said.

If there's a thing Louis and I have in common is we hate this man at cosmic levels. It's a really difficult thing to make the both of us feel any kind of strong emotion; we know what if feels like to be in a room full of people we can't stand, we know feelings such as disappointment, care, loneliness, and this little things that go away after a while, but it's very difficult to love or hate a person, to imagine a whole future with them or wish them death every time they speak or you just see them. But him?? That man destroyed the soul of such an innocent child, his only sin being is kindness and his golden heart.

At this point you might be wondering "Who is this person talking? And how do they know all of this?"... Well, my dears, I'll tell you everything when the time comes, but just a little spoiler; I don't usually tell stories about the people I meet, I don't find their lives so interesting, but if I must be honest, Louis' story made me feel things I didn't know someone like me could feel and I thought that maybe, just maybe, this story could help all of the ones that choose to read it in things that might be easy for a person who's never met me, but, to everyone else, they are so hard for us we can't bring ourselves to do it, we don't have the means to.

But we shall go back to the story now, I think you may be curious about what poor Louis has been through, and what's the name of the kind stranger.