Chapter Two : Vanity

It was a Sunday afternoon and the morning before was interesting with the church chase and then the sermon from the Priest. He was entirely focused on the clamor of vanity and I wondered why today of all days. Last Sunday prosperity was the sermon, pretty sure because that Sunday was donation Sunday.

Perhaps the turn out from last Sunday's collection was not enough and hence he had to retaliate with this fabulously composed topic. The basilar arteries around my pons could be heard beating sporadically echoing the fluid flow from every brain ventricles that emptied into my spinal cord.

Becoming tired at the length of the service really thawed my cool and dropped my head a few times in a dizzy dance pattern. Who told me to come to this church in the first place? I kept asking myself this question all day since I was invited this Sunday and the Sunday before by Oare.

She is my crush and I would crush potatoes for her. But expressing my feelings for her was rather a daring topic to attend to. I referred to her as my Lois Lane, and obviously enough, I had a Lana Lang crush. I was obviously painting a Small Ville scenario in Nigraville and crushing over every fine feminine, human limb that crossed my path. Yes, I was into the legs, not the loads as much. I wondered if they could run with such athletic legs and yes, that got me engaged.

I almost regretted why I accepted the second invitation to her church when I couldn't gather the guts to tell her that I actually liked her. Crushing over a lady for 5 years could be seriously creepy. And yes, I was entirely creepy.

Each time I did not want to dive away from the spirit filled sermon, I'd look at the overly active young man, probably in his late 30s or early 40s, jumping up and receiving the vibes I didn't see branching off at my seat. It was as though the spirit came to him through these messages, this Sunday and the previous. I am most certain, it came for him the other Sundays before, and definitely the Sundays to come.

"What's up, gee?" Came the message from my phone.  It was Solomon Grumpy.

"Nothing much, bro. This church services are too long man"

"Ehya! Who sent you to that church? Oh wait! I know. Crush 😍 boss for life. Lol"

"Ogbeni, you are not normal. Are you trying to mock me or what? Was it not your father who told me to follow my heart."

"Chief Brave Heart. Follow your heart to where? So your heart is now attending long hours of service abi?"

"I blame you?"

"Why will you blame me, when you followed the heart that you cannot even approach without fidgeting?"

"Guy, relax. Leave me be."

"See me see success. Anyways, when are you guys going to round up? We have got somethings to discuss. Classified level matters. "

"For reals?!"

"Swears!"

"We'll talk when I close. "

"Man of God. Greeting bro. Don't hurry sha, you can wait for after service meetings. That one makes more sense too".

"Wow. What a friend we have in people!"

"M.O.G, later. I don't want to distract you. Remember to pray for two. Lol"

"Guy salvation is personal. Get out of my phone. "

"Wahala for who no go church" (It has become a problem to those who did not attend church)