Chapter Two

"Mrow, mrow, mrow."

I'm rudely awakened by Verity licking my face and meowing right in my ear. I can't help but smile and give her love though. I roll out of bed and get right into the shower. I admire my soulmarks running my fingers over the scalpel on my right forearm. This is my favorite part of showers. Seeing all my soulmarks anticipating what my soulmates might be like, what might come of our futures.

When I get out of the shower I change into my outfit for today.

I brush and dry my hair with a hairdryer

I brush and dry my hair with a hairdryer. I exit the bathroom and grab my phone and check my social media.

Breaking news! Last night police got a call from Roswell Avenue. 5 individuals were arrested for unknown causes. We will keep you updated as we find out more!

I smile down at my phone. There is nothing more gratifying then putting trash like them away. I look at the time, quickly feed and kiss Verity grab my bag and box of treats and head out.

I make my way down the sidewalk taking a banana muffin out of the box and biting into it. I happily enjoy my muffin while walking. I slow my steps as I see the familiar coffee cart I love. A wide smile grows on my face as I approach the older man who works at the cart every single day. When he sees me he immediately breaks into the widest grin and booms in his adorable Italian accent, "Ah! Marianna! My favorite baker!" I smile and blush at the comment. I know my stuff is good but it's always nice to hear it with such passion.

"Hello George! How are you this morning?"

"I am even better now that I see your smiling face sweet girl." He says with a hearty laugh.

"You're too kind to me George." I say with a smile. I reach into my bag and pull out the box handing it to George.

"Hope you enjoy what I brought today."

"I always enjoy what you bring me! I'm sure today will be no different!" He places the box down and starts making a coffee. He knows just how I like it I don't even have to say what I want.