The Preparation: VIII

Little did everyone know that while they slept, Jeongguk was up late on the phone with his husband, planning what could either turn out to be amazing and a huge relief, or else leave him being shunned and disowned by his family...

          But they could never bring themselves to do that...right?

          Needless to say, Jimin worked tirelessly for an hour and a half, packing things into the car while Hyunnie slept peacefully on his parents bed, atop his infant pillow. Of course, Jimin had taken a small break to send a picture of their son in his Pikachu onesie to Jeongguk, but soon resumed stuffing all of the necessary baby supplies into the trunk while the brunnette kept him giggling through the phone.

          Once the car was loaded and ready for the next morning, Jimin made his way back upstairs for the final time after locking the front door and turning on the security system.

          "Mmm...and remember to put Hyunnie back in his crib," Jeongguk snickered as Jimin changed into one of the taller's oversized, Balenciaga sweaters. At least, it was oversized on the shorter. Jimin loved it too much, though.

          It was black, much like the rest of the younger's wardrobe, so it made him feel even closer to his husband when they were apart.

          "I know you love to cuddle him to sleep, but I'm not there to tuck you both in..."

          Jimin playfully rolled his eyes as he carefully laid the baby down inside of his crib before covering him with his small blanket and turning off the bedroom light.

          Soon enough, the blonde was laid down in bed, Jeongguks pillow being cuddled tightly to his chest while the younger happily gazed at him though the phone in Jimin's small hand.

          "What is it?" Jimin whispered quietly, his eyelids becoming heavy. Even while sleep was nagging him, the blonde was able to feel his soulmate's mind racing, as though it was his own.

          "Nothing...I was just thinking about how gently I'd be making love to you if we were together."

          Jimin started to grin, but feigned annoyance with a deep sigh. "Jeonggukie, I won't be able to sleep if you don't shut up soon..."

          Jeongguk smirked and turned onto his side with a yawn while holding his own cellphone close to his eyes, making him look questionable. "Nooo...my baby needs to rest so he can get to me safely tomorrow..."

          The younger trailed off as he  noticed Jimin's breathing had evened out and his eyes were closed. He smiled happily and sent two kisses through the camera before glancing at the clock on his nightstand.

          12:35 AM

          After double-checking that the security system back home was still connected to his phone, Jeongguk whispered a small, "Goodnight," and kept the FaceTime on, making sure to turn the volume up and set his cellphone nearby, on the nightstand.

          Then, he slowly crept into dreamland with half of his brain still alert and ready, should there be any emergency.

          Nothing was ever allowed to hurt his family.

          Never, ever.