Chapter 3

Previously...

"Hi, Cindy," Nurse Lane replies. Oh! Cindy Berman, the counselor. I always thought she was kind of a priss. "Ziggy. Ziggy's new friend," she greets, less pleasantly.

Ziggy's POV

I leave the Nurse's Cabin, Reese by my side, Cindy trailing slightly behind us. "You realize what happens if you get kicked out, right? How awful that would be for me?" she asks, looking at me. "Do you know- Did someone do something to Nurse Lane? Like, make fun of her daughter or something?" I ask back, completely ignoring Cindy, not really caring about what she was bitching about. "Yeah, she was acting kind of weird," Reese says, adding on to what I said.

"Are you even listening to me?" Cindy asks, obviously annoyed with me. Whatever, what's new. Everything I do pisses her off now. "I- She was upset," I tell her, trying to explain. "I don't care! I- do you understand what I'm saying to you?" she asks, totally confused and angry. "Loud and clear ma'am," I reply sarcastically. "Well, clearly you don't, since we had this conversation last week and the week before that!" she says, getting more irritated by the second.

"Yeah, and again, I'm not gonna get kicked out," I say back. "Well, that's not what Kurt thinks," She says, looking over at me. "Yeah, well Kurt can suck it." I tell her, not afraid of getting kicked out of this shithole. She grabs my arm and stops me, turning me towards her, causing Reese to stop as well. "No, Ziggy, no! You get kicked out, I do too. Mom can't work and take care of you, and then how will I pay for college, huh?" she asks. I laugh. "Oh, so this is funny to you?" she asks me. "Yeah, kinda," I say, rolling my eyes and continuing to walk, pulling Reese with me.

"Explain to me what's so funny?" She asks. "How dumb you are?" I say, stating the obvious. "No one gets out of this town, not even Miss Perfect." I tell her. "For once in your life can you not be, so- so mean?" she stops and I turn around. "For once in your life will you just stop pretending?" I pick up a blue shirt for color war. "You're Shadyside." I throw it at her chest. "In case you forgot."

I grab Reese's hand again and walk off towards my cabin.

We walk in awkward silence after that, me still being pissed about Cindy being an idiot and Reese not knowing what to say.

We finally reach my cabin after a few minutes and I stop outside the door, turning towards her. "I'm sorry you had to hear that. It's a little early in the friendship for all my family shit," I say with an awkward chuckle, not looking at Reese, but at a very interesting blade of grass.

Reese smiles and places two fingers under my chin, pushing it up so I look at her. I probably look like a tomato right now. "Don't apologize. Everyone has family shit, it's apart of the Shadyside shit." She takes her fingers out from under my chin and turns a deep shade of red, realizing what she just did.

"I- shit. Um. Sorry," she stammers out, looking at literally anything except my face. I smile at her flusteredness. "No worries. Come on, let's go inside," I say, finally opening the damn door.

We walk in and I let her take in the room as I plop down on my cardboard bed. "Whatcha thinkin' about?" I ask her.

"Your cabin is really kind of awesome," she says, still looking around. "Thanks," I reply, a grin forming on my face. "Oh cool! You read Stephen King!" She says, crouching down next to my nightstand, looking at the Stephen King book sitting there.

"Yeah, I like his books alot. My favorite definetly has to be Carrie though," I say, totally psyched that she knows one of my favorite authors and isn't weirded out by my like for him.

"I dunno, I kind of liked Salem's Lot better," she replies, sitting cross-legged facing me on the bed. "You're crazy, Carrie was totally better," I say back, and we start talking about our favorite and least favorite parts of the books, just talking and enjoying eachother's opinions.

The talking pauses for a minute and she stares at me, sizing me up and looking me up and down. "Like what you see over there, Miller?" I ask, a smirk growing on my face.

She blushes slightly. "And what if I did, Berman? What're you gonna do about it?" She answers, a smirk of her own appearing on her face. I glance down at her lips. "Well, I might have to fix that damn smirk on your face," I say, leaning in closer as she does the same.

Her eyes flutter shut, I feel her breath on my face, and just as our lips are about to meet, we're interrupted by the sound of sirens.

. . .

I watch with Reese by a tree, her hand squeezing my shoulder as the paramedics roll Nurse Lane away on a stretcher. Suddenly Sheila comes up to us, shoving my arm. "Hey, witch! Sooo sorry. I know you and Nurse Psycho were close," she says, a smirk plastered on her stupid ass face. "Suck a dick Sheila. Oh wait, my bad, forgot you were already sucking Will's," Reese says, glaring at her.

Sheila glares right back. "By the way, you might wanna check your stuff. I think there was an accident in cabin five," she says smiling at me. I look at her before turning around and speed walking back towards my cabin. "Go on witch! Run," I hear her shout from behind me.

Before I'm too far away to hear anything, I hear Reese tell Sheila, "God, you just don't know when to quit do you? You're a bitch, Sheila." I hear her jogging after me.

I reach my cabin and open the door staring at the mean messages on the wall.

Slut

Witch

Ziggy sucks cocks in hell

Monster

Reese walks in behind me. "I'm gonna fucking kill that bitch." She turns to go out of the cabin, but I stop her.

"No way. You're gonna get yourself get kicked out of camp. Then how the fuck am I supposed survive in this hellhole? Besides, I've got a better idea. Stay here, I'm gonna get the stuff we need." I tell her, a smirk on my face.

Author's Note

Sorry! I know this chapter is super short, but it's late and I wanted to make this next portion in Reese's point of view. Just makes it a little easier for me. ANYWAYS, night guys, stay hydrated.