1. Invasion

"Your mission is to find out who the Necromancer is and bring them in," my father said to us, holding his tablet in one arm and his cup of coffee in the other. "But before you do that, bring in Hazel Anderson, Chloe Walker and Lucas Turner. We'll put them on the memory machine." He took a sip of coffee.

Avery, Oliver and I looked at the screen across the room. The photos of the people he mentioned were on slideshow.

"Yes, Agent Reed." We nodded. Avery and Oliver were my siblings. We worked as spies for a supernatural spy organization and our father was the leader in the spy department. We were recruited as spies because of our supernatural ability to shapeshift.

● ● ●

Avery, Oliver and I walked into school casually and looked around for the three of them.

Lucas was easy to spot, he was hot—hence, all the girls looked like they wanted to faint when he passed. Chloe wasn't hard to find either, all she did was give snarky comments to almost anyone in her way. Hazel, she was in the library collecting books—now there's the nerd.

When we all met up again, Oliver asked us, "Who do you wanna be?" He smiled and raised his hand to answer his own question. "I'm just gonna be the guy cause I'm already a guy and all the girls are gonna look at me."

"Technically, all the girls will be swooning over Lucas so don't get too excited," I warned him then looked around the hallway. Chloe and Lucas were having a ball of time making out against the lockers. I grinned. "I'm gonna go with little Miss Nerdy. I'm not comfortable with all of that over there." I pointed to the love birds.

"Ugh. Really Kelly?" Avery groaned and walked around with her fingers beneath her chin then smirked. "At Least I'm not the nerd. I'm the meanie and don't expect me to go easy on you." She gestured across the room where Hazel now stood.

"Well well, look who we have here." A blonde girl marched over to Hazel, her curly blonde hair bounced as she walked. "It's the nerd girl!" She laughed and pushed Hazel with her index finger while she was taking books out of her locker.

Hazel held the books tight over her chest and stumbled a little as she adjusted her glasses, blowing her bangs that fell on her face. She adjusted herself and held her books firmly.

I moved closer to find out more. Same time, a girl walked up to them and said, "Back off." She pulled Hazel away.

Hazel smiled. "Thanks, Casey! You saved my life."

"Let's get to class," Casey said.

I waited around for half an hour but impatience is my demon. I sent a request for Hazel's mother's full body picture to the organization. Once I got it, I shapeshifted into her mom and leaned in the class, knocking the door lightly.

The teacher looked at me. "Yes, ma'am."

"I'm here for Hazel Anderson," I replied.

The teacher put her text book on the table then looked at Hazel. "Someone's here for you."

Hazel came to meet me at the door. "Hey mom. Something's wrong?"

"Yes, honey." I sighed. "Unfortunately, you'd have to come with me. Collect your bag and I'll tell you on our way home."

Honestly, this went a lot smoother than expected. As soon as Hazel came outside, I led her away from the door so no one could see us then hit her out. She laid still on the ground.

"I bet Avery and Oliver can't do that," I said, satisfied.

"What can't we do?" They said in unison behind me. I turned around. Their target hung over their shoulder unconsciously. Yikes. I spoke too soon. I picked up Hazel and hung her over my shoulder too.