Chapter One: Study Group

I've always been the studious type. So earlier that day when Mina offered to have a group study session at a local café, I was ecstatic. I arrived at the café to realize that I was the first one there. So, I decided to get some studying done before everyone else arrived. Maybe we could have more time to chat if I had studied a little and finished a couple of upcoming assignments. 

It had been about 15 minutes since I had got there, and I had got quite a bit done. So I decided to text the group chat, to see if the study group was still on. 

Before I could pull out my phone from my back pocket, I heard the little bell on the café door ~ding~ and looked up to see Kaminari, walking through the doorway and scanning the room. 

"Oh, hey you." He said with a smile on his face. 

"Sorry I'm so late. You're all by yourself. The others didn't show up yet?"

I shook my head. He quickly changed the subject.

Man, it's raining pretty heavy out there. Good thing I brought my umbrella today." He said, looking down and shaking the umbrella, ridding it of the rain. He sighed.

"Here, let me shoot the group chat a quick text and see what's up." He pulled out his phone and began typing.

"I wonder why they haven't shown up yet..." 

I could hear the slight tapping from his phone as he was sending the message. He shot his head back up.

"Maybe they forgot? It's kind of like Bakugou to forget our get-togethers anyway." He said.

"But Sero, Mina, and Kirishima..." He sighed. I felt a slight buzz from my phone and suddenly Kaminari's phone buzzed too. It was from the group chat. 

Kaminari looked up at me.

"Well, I guess it's just us then, huh? Everyone sort of bailed last second." He let out a small grin. 

"That's fine though, I don't mind having you all to myself." He continued as he sat down on the chair in front of me.

I jumped at the words that just came out of his mouth. I guess that's just Kaminari for you.

He smiled and laughed.

"So...what have you been studying? Can I see?"

"Sure," I said.

I handed him my notebook, filled with equations. He then flinched at the sight of my work.

"Oh...alright..well, my brain already hurts, so you can have this back." He slid my notebook back over to me. I smiled a bit and chuckled.

"Math sucks, doesn't it?" He asked, waiting for an answer.

"I couldn't agree more," I responded.

"I mean, why do we even have to do it...y'know?" He said.

"We're training to become heroes, not rocket scientists." He continued.

He does have a point there.

"You're pretty good at all that stuff though, aren't you?" He asked.

"Not really, I just study a lot more than others," I responded.

"Well, you're at least better than I am. Being the last in the class when it comes to written exams really sucks." He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"Everyone thinks I'm seriously dumb..." 

"I don't think you are. It takes a little longer for some people to understand things more than others, y'know?" I reassured him.