CHAPTER 21

Rory POV

Rory POV

The next two days go by with a very subtle tension floating in the air between Killian and I. We have silently agreed to not discuss the kiss we shared and instead interact on a bare minimum basis... mainly about food.

I've continued to go to work and college as usual aside from my appointed babysitter for that time slot. Killian picked up the first shift of walking me to college and of course we walked in silence only bidding each other a goodbye once we arrived.

Monica later in the day picked me up and walked me back to the pack house. The day after both Dominic and Damien walked me to and from my work.

Today I was informed it was a pack members birthday but it was a special one as she is turning 16. Damien explained that sweet 16's worked slightly different amongst werewolves and that it's more of a ceremony as well as a celebration.

Tonight she will be able to shift into her wolf form for the first time. Supposedly people who are born werewolves have always had some sort of alter ego in the back of their mind that gives them advice and strengthen them in anyway they can. This is the beast they transform into. The best way I imagine it is like that film I used to watch when I was younger 'meet Dave' I think it was called.

The basics I was told of tonight is there would be a fire pit, drinks and then we would gather together just before midnight and support the young girl through her shift.

Currently I was blow drying my hair in preparation of the festivities. My hair is pretty long so it takes some time going over it until I'm satisfied with it. Looking in the vanity mirror provided on my desk I frown when I see the frizzy style the heat achieved. Pulling out my straighteners I straighten each strand and smoothing it out with my hairbrush every so often. Once I have tamed the beast I again go over my hair with the straighteners but this time I curl the ends. I'll suffer the hair damage if it means I'll look this good.

I pull out my makeup bag from the drawer in the desk and rummage around for my sun block, eventually finding it at the bottom I apply a decent amount to my face and begin rubbing it in. When finished I very quickly dive into doing my usual style of soap brows when I put effort into my appearance. I go to reach for my foundation when I hesitate and instead locate my eyeliner pencil and decide to start on my eyes so that it will be an easy fix if I mess up.

I do just a casual winged look nothing too fancy and thankfully I make no mistakes. I do the rest of my makeup look consisting of foundation, concealer, blush and highlight

 I do the rest of my makeup look consisting of foundation, concealer, blush and highlight