Chapter 2

It always starts out innocently enough.

. . .

Tusna was a quiet baby. She was easy to please and loved any attention which her father was all too happy to give her.

He would spend hours on end with her. Feeding her, bathing her, cuddling and just basking in her flames. That was already so strong and so connected with his.

Nana didn't have to do anything with Tsuna and started to feel more and more reluctant to even want to do anything.

Nana also started to feel more and more bitter that all her husband's attention was on the baby. Like he forgot about her.

As Nana watched the two interact looking up from the book she was reading to observe them she found a bitter taste in her mouth.

. . .

Like when a butterfly first leaves the cocoon and spreads its wings and flys for the first time.

. . .

Months passed by until it was Tsuna's first birthday.

Iemitsu had a smile on his face while playing with Tsuna and Tsuna was laughing her little heart out as she was tossed up and down.

Nana was spinning around the kitchen, papering a birthday cake and breakfast. The sun was shining and soft swing music was playing in the background.

They looked like a perfect family. At times like this Nana felt like this was her little perfect family.

She heard her little baby giggle out " Love you dada "

Then she would get this feeling of something being wornwrongwrongwrongwrong.

She just pushed the feelings aside and if she started stirring a little more aggressively no one would know.

. . .

A butterfly life span is only twelve months
. . .

" Nana, we need to talk. " She heard her darling husband's voice say.

She felt anxious at that moment. She shoved her feelings down again though like she always does.

Falling into the deep numbness that is bliss. Where she doesn't feel....

Where she doesn't feel anything but love.

" I need to leave. " Everything goes blank after that. She distantly feels herself nodding along to everything he is saying.

What finally snaps her out of a trance-like state is hearing " I love you Tsunako. " From her husband's horse voice.

She looks to see him giving Tsunako a hug and picking her up and placing her in my arms.

" Love you " She can't tell who her darling husband is saying it too. Nana or his little girl.

What she sees next is her husband back leaving through the front doors of the house in the...

Dead of the night. Nana whips around barely hearing the squeak of " Mama " From the little baby in her arms.

2:30 am...

But, how, It was just 11:00 in the morning.

Nana breaks down crying then and there. Ignoring the cries of the little baby in her arms.