9

☻ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ☻

Tanjiro entered the house quietly, so no one would hear us. Zenitsu was still trembling and crying.

"Tanjiro, Y/n... You'll protect me, right?" Zenitsu spoke.

"Zenitsu, I hate to put you on the spot, but.. I've broken a rib and leg from my previous battle. And neither are fully healed." Tanjiro explained.

"And I've broken two ribs, so I'm sorry if I won't be able to protect you." I told him, and he was trembling even more than before.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, BROKEN BONES?! DON'T GO BREAK ANY BONES ON ME, YOU HEAR?! THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN PROTECT ME IF YOU'VE GOT FRACTURES! I-I-I'M GONNA DIE! WHAT AM I GONNA DO? I'M GONNA DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! BROKEN BONES? HOW COULD YOU? I'M DEAD MAN NOW! THE ODDS OF ME DYING HAVE INCREASED A NINETY PERCENT! I'M AS GOOD AS DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" Zenitsu yelled, and was shaking on the floor now.

"Zenitsu, quiet down! You'll be alright!" Tanjiro tried to calm him down, but it only made it worse.

"DON'T SUGARCOAT IT!" Zenitsu yelled.

"I'm not! I can tell you, alright? Zenitsu, you're-.... Oh no!" Tanjiro got interrupted by seeing the kids enter the house. Zenitsu just started to yell.

"You shouldn't be here!" Tanjiro yelled.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked.

"M-Ma'am, Mister, we heard scratching sounds from inside that box!" The boy said, totally scared.

"E-even still, it pains me that you left it behind! I mean, it's more precious than my own life!" Tanjiro let a sweat out. Then we heard a loud noise like if the house was about to break. Zenitsu yelled, and pushed Tanjiro and the little girl in a room with his butt.

"Sorry! My butt.." Zenitsu apologized and suddenly, they just disappeared!

"Tanjiro?!" I shouted and opened the door. They were gone?

"AHHH WHAT NOW?! WHAT NOW! WHAT WILL WE DO!? HE CANT PROTECT ME IF HE'S NOT ON MY SIDE AHHH!" Zenitsu yelled and trembled again.

"Zenitsu, please calm down! I'm still here!" I whisper shouted.

"W-where is my sister.." The little boy asked. I crouched down to him, and smiled.

"Don't worry. The red haired boy will protect you sister." I stood up and opened another door. There was also the drum sound. Everytime the sound beats the room changes.

"You told me you're brother is in this house, right?" I asked the little kid, and he nodded.

"I'll will find him and bring him out of here!" I smiled.

"Zenitsu. We'll have to go separate ways to find the little boy." I told him, and he completely raged.

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? I THOUGHT YOU'D PROTECT ME! I'M GONNA DIE! DIE! DIE! DONT GO!" He begged, but I had to.

"Sorry, Zenitsu." I said, and stepped inside a room. The drum beat was there and I moved to another room. The drum has stopped and I was in a dark room with no light. I wasn't able to see anything, so I tried to get out of this room. It didn't work. The door was locked. I tried to stab the door, but it also didn't work.... What the hell. I heard weird slimey noises. I closed my eyes and tried to feel what was inside here.