The Abandoned Empress - Chapter 69

“… It’s nothing. Never mind.”

“You think I don’t know your feelings? Think about how much time I spent with you!”

“Nothing happened.”

“… … . ”

“… Are you serious?”

I couldn’t tell him what I had heard in the lounge. As someone who was kind to me, Allendis would certainly share my anger, but it was my personal matter. I didn’t want to involve him.

As if he noticed my intention, he sighed suddenly, glaring.

“What the heck is this?”

I inadvertently looked down at my palms. Maybe it was because I clenched my fists too hard, there were nail marks on my hands.

I tried to hide my hands, saying I was okay, but he stopped me and pulled my wrist gently.

Then, he bowed his head slowly. I stiffened when I felt something warm gently touch my palms. “I’m upset.”

“Why?”

“In the past, I thought I knew you well…”

“…. ”

“These days it seems more and more difficult for me to understand you. I feel like you are flying to a place I can’t follow you. ”

“Allen.”

My heart sank. He always looked relaxed to me, but today he seemed very nervous and even dangerous.

I bowed my head, looking at his emerald eyes. I had nothing to give him, and I was very sorry for that.

“That’s how I feel when I meet you, Tia.”

“… ”

“Don’t you think you’re too close to Carsein these days? I was the first who made friends with you. Just be nice to me like you are to him, please. I’m so hurt.”

He was stroking my hair with a warm smile when he said that. I agonized while looking at him and my eyelids grew heavier due to fatigue. I was lost in thought, blinking slowly and came to the conclusion. I decided that now was the time for me to fight to protect them, not to worry about my angst.

By then, I couldn’t lift my eyelids. I closed my eyes and was falling asleep before I knew.

“My lady, what happened? When you went out, you were with the crown prince, and when you came back, you were with Duke Verita’s son! ”

“Oh, it’s a long story, Lina.”

When I sat in front of the mirror with an awkward smile, Lina brought my uniform from the dressing room, “Your father waited for you for a very long time. When I told him that you went with the crown prince, he said just okay, but he had been anxiously waiting for you all evening.”

“Really? Did he wait for a long time?”

“Yes. Later he paced up and down in the garden. Then, he went out to the carriage and carried you in his arms because you were asleep.”

“I see.”

“By the way, my lady…” Lina kept chatting while combing my hair until it was shiny.

“Why does your father hate him so much? I mean Duke Verita’s son. Yesterday, when he held you in his arms, he seemed very displeased,” she said, tilting her head, while tying my silvery hair together, the way she did whenever I went to work at the palace..