"The Story of Hanna Maeland" (Part 2)

It's four years later and Queen Desideria's demise spread like wildfire throughout Alta. No one knew how the former queen got sick or what illness has caused her death. At Queen Desideria's funeral, all of the citizens and the Royal Maeland family cried their hearts out and Queen Patricia was mostly upset, but she needed to be brave and she had promised to Desideria to always love and protect Princess Hanna, no matter what.

Once the funeral ceremony was commencing, everyone was silent when the Priest began speaking in tongues and said his prayers while putting flowers on Queen Desideria's grave stone. As the Priest closed his Bible and said the Lord's Prayer, everyone bowed their heads down, closed their eyes and silently said their final goodbyes to Queen Desideria as they put flowers and treasures on her grave, like flowers, jewelry, magical artifacts and even the little children put drawings and paintings on her grave as well. Everyone was dressed in their black traditional Norwegian dresses and frocks and hats.

When Hanna was 8 years old, Queen Patricia didn't want her sweet, innocent adoptive daughter bear the fact not knowing her real mother was.
She thought Hanna would just grow up and forget that she had a real, biological mother when she was just a baby.

As everyone began to depart, Queen Patricia looked at her family-friend's grave one last time and put a purple rose on her grave and began to cry quietly.
Particia kneeled down, covers her mouth with her hands and tears were falling down from her wet eyes.
While she was having an emotional moment, Hanna was too busy, chasing after a butterfly. Then, she looked up and saw her adoptive mother crying and feeling sad. Having compassion for her, the kindhearted Princess Hanna walked over to Queen Patricia and wrapped her arms around her tightly, giving her a hug. Patricia hugged her back, kissing her daughter on her forehead softly. "Why are you crying, Mama?" Hanna asked her adoptive mother. "What's wrong?"
Patricia sniffled and then said, "I lost someone nearly dear to my heart."
"Who?" Hanna asked.
"Queen Desideria Kittelsen." Patricia replied. "She was a good friend of mine."
Hanna looked at Queen Desideria's tombstone that reads, "A kind Queen who ruled a kingdom with courage and compassion."

Hanna felt sorry for Queen Desideria's death and for her mother's loss.
She wished she could do something to help her mother, even though she never knew the former queen or has never met her before.

Just then, King Harold walked up to Hanna and picked her up in his arms and gave Hanna a gentle kiss on her forehead. "It's really sad to see your mother like this, honey."
He said to her daughter. Hanna looked at Queen Patricia sadly and said to her father, "It is sad, Papa, and I feel sad for Mama. I wish there was something I could do to help. " King Harold smiled warmly at his daughter and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "You are very kind, Hanna. All you can do to help is pray and ask the Lord for a miracle."
Hanna nodded her head. "Ok."

But, in her heart, Hanna wanted to do more than just pray. She wanted to help uplift Queen Patricia's spirits.
She began to think of some ideas.
After her mourning, Queen Patricia stands up, wipes the tears off her face and began to take a deep breath.
"I'm ok, now." She told her family.
"Still sad, but slowly feeling better."
King Harold smiled. "Good. Now, let's go home."
As the Royal Maeland family started to walk back to Alta Castle, Hanna turns her head to Queen Desideria's grave and waves her hand goodbye...one last time. 'Goodbye, Queen Desideria.' She thought sweetly.
She could imagine Queen Desideria's smile on her face.
*******
Later that night, after dinner, the Royal family were getting ready for bed. Queen Patricia was reading to Hanna her favorite bedtime story, "Hans Christian Andersen's Fairytales". Tonight, she was reading "The Ugly Duckling", and Hanna enjoyed listening to the story.
Once Queen Patricia finished reading, she closed the book and tucks Hanna in bed.
While Hanna yawned, she began to think about her adoptive mother's loss of her family-friend and had so many interesting questions about her. By the time Patricia was about to turn off the light, Hanna asked, "Mama, what happened to Queen Desideria?"