Chapter 11: "A Phoenix Will Rise"

It was a chilly and damp November in Alta and the rest of the 7 Norse Kingdoms, as autumn was becoming more of a magical but mysterious season.
The morning sun was shining brightly through the orange and yellow morning sky, making it's way through the clouds. The trees were blowing strongly against the wind, making the red, orange and yellow leaves fall with grace, creating huge piles of fall foliage of leaves for the village children to jump and play.

As the autumn weather got colder, the townsfolk were getting ready for the annual Fall Harvest, a seasonal time of the year where they celebrate when the old-growth forests turn a whole kaleidoscope of colours, with maroon reds and burnished yellows picked out against deep browns. What’s more, thanks to temperate weather, it’s the spectacular backdrop to everything from ranging hikes and bike rides to horse treks, fishing trips and kayak excursions. However, for something truly quintessential, head out foraging with a local guide. This autumnal tradition will see you search for the likes of mushrooms, lingonberries and even edible flowers before learning how to prepare a feast over an open fire.

Also, it was a spectacular season for the Alta Town villagers to gaze at the starry night sky and watch the Northern Lights, dancing miraculously with their light pink and green luminous lights.

It was a Thursday morning in the kingdom of Alta, as the morning sun was shining brightly through the orange and light pink horizons, passing through the snowy-white clouds. The Viking ships were slowly sailing in the currents of the rivers and streams as time itself was swiftly passing.

At the Alta Castle, it was another school day for Hanna and her sister Aliza. As usual, Hanna was already awake, for her alarm clock was ringing frantically. She turned off her snooze button and stretched her arms, waking up.

She walked to her window seat and opened her window, as she gazed out the view of the whole kingdom, with an optimistic smile.
She was just grateful for another day, full of promise.

Well, it was time for her to get ready for another school day. She did her usual morning routine, brushing her teeth, washing her face, took a warm shower and puts on her school uniform. By the time it was 6:30am, she packed her backpack with her school supplies and textbooks and puts it on her back.

She rushed towards her dresser and grabbed her amulet, puts it on around her neck, puts her enchanted compass in her pocket and-- her brooch?

She felt her hands on her uniform, where her brooch is supposed to be on the chest of her school uniform, but unfortunately, it wasn't there!

Her brooch was... gone!

Hanna panicked, "Oh no! My brooch! It's gone." she gasped in fear.

She felt herself, pacing back & forth on the floor, her hands shaking.

Questions buzzed in her mind. 'Where's my brooch? She thought to herself. 'I didn't take it off last night. Mama said I should always wear it, with pride and joy. If my brooch is gone, then--'

She stopped in her tracks. She realized that, if her brooch is gone, does that mean her magic is gone too?!

She gulped hard, nervously. She hope she doesn't get in trouble.

Trying to calm herself down, she composed herself and just hurried for breakfast. She was too frazzled to slide down the banister, so she walked gingerly downstairs in the dining hall.

She found her parents and Aliza sitting at the long dining hall table in the kitchen and a huge Scandinavian breakfast buffet prepared.

She calmed herself and sat down next to Queen Patricia, looking a little nervous.