Liam

Leaning back against the wall of the shooting range, I watch my little sister line up for the final shot in her gun. Every bullet so far has hit the bullseye, a perfect score, luckily I'm a better shot than her.

I honestly don't know why Eira decided to challenge me in being named heir. I'm the obvious choice, I'm older, smarter, stronger. My little sister just has too my confidence for her own good.

Eira fires the shot with precision throw the centre of the target and my uncles cry out in triumph: she has always been the golden child.

Bolt bounds forwards and lifts her up onto his shoulders chanting her club name.

"Excuse me." I call out, halting the premature celebrations, "I am yet to fire the gun." I point out smirking in triumph, I can get ten bullseyes in a row, it's child's play. Nothing Eira has done so far is anymore impressive than what I have done.

"I'm sorry, son," my father says as he walks over to me and slings an arm of sympathy over my shoulder, "you can't win."

"What?" I explode, just how little faith does he have in his own son? "I can fire a gun just as well as she can!"

"I know you can, but even if you get all ten you're still a point behind your sister."

"Impossible!" I rage, Eira cannot beat me. This challenge has been going on for two weeks, fight and race and gunshot after the next and I am not about to except this defeat.

"She hasn't beaten me one! We have drawn every time!"

My father is failing to calm me down, his pity is burning a fire in my heart. I neither want nor need it.

"Lee," my mother calls out to me as she slowly approaches me with the look of taming a lion about her, "while that may be true, Eira is one point ahead of you after you failed to turn up to the hand to hand combat rematch that you demanded."

"I was ill!" I roar, by this point the celebration around my sister has halted and everyone is looking at us- at me.

"You were hung over!" Ethan hollers back at me. I startle at his outburst and turn to face him, his arm is slung supportively over my sister's shoulder and a pissed off expression is set on his forehead.

"You spent the night before boozing because you were so fucking arrogant, you thought you could win, well you haven't!"

"It's alright Ethan." My sister says cooly as she steps out of his protection.

"Except it, Liam, Eira is my heir."

I can't breathe. This can't be happening. I deserve to be the future president. I'm the better candidate and I am not going to except this.

"I demand a rematch." I plead, my voice angry with a hidden desperation.

"What?" Eira scoffs and throws her head back with a confident laugh. "You want a rematch for the rematch of the match you lost?"

"Yes." I say defiantly, moving forwards until I am looking down at my tiny sister. Unfortunately for her, I inherited my father's height, my sister did not.

"Fine." Eira rolls her eyes at me, making my blood boil at her arrogance. "If me beating your ass again will stop you being a whiny little bitch, I'll do it."

The crowd hushes from any and all conversation as Eira picks up the gauntlet I threw down.

"Snowflake," Viper warns, "you don't have to do this, you've already won."

"I know," Eira grins obnoxiously up at me, "but I've beaten him once, I can beat him again."

"Oh shut up." I snarl in frustration, good I hate my sister when she's like this. "I can beat you in hand to hand combat, I'm like a foot taller than you."

"Sure you can, big guy, sure you can." Eira drawls at me and pats my arm patronisingly before turning towards the ring.

She pulls her hair up into a ponytail as I shuck off my shoes and socks. Eira follows and then we both step into the ring.

The club members all crowd around us, both my father's brothers and my own. Ethan and Andrew stand behind Eira and glare at me. I roll my eyes at their pathetic antics, they don't threaten me.

"Alright Liam," my father is unable to keep the irritation from his voice, "this is your last chance to prove yourself to the club."

"I'm sorry Eira." I apologise as we begin to circle each other.

"Why?" She snorts.

"It was wrong of me to give you a chance of victory, I should have simply beaten you and left it at that."

"Oh please," she scoffs before delivering several swift blows that I parry easily, "I don't care what you have to say to me Liam, I see you for what you are."

"And what is that?" I gloat as I hurl a fist in her direction, she dodges the throw and my body weight falls forwards with the momentum of the force that I used towards my sister.

"A pathetic little boy, who can't cope with the fact that a girl beat you."

"That's not tru-" My words and thoughts are cut off as Eira launches herself at me with the speed of a wild cat.

Her thighs wrap around my neck as she flips her body weight around in an arc that pulls both of us to the floor.

"Submit." Eira roars as she pins me face down on the floor.

I'm so stunned that all I can do is scream and desperately try to throw her off me. She curses viciously and grabs my flailing arms.

I can't believe this is happening to me but as my shoulders begin to burn and pop as she twists them around against my back.

"Submit! Liam this is pathetic, I've won. Submit!"

"No!" I scream, "I-I can't."

"Fine." Still pinning my thrashing form to the floor, Eira calls out everyone watching my humiliation.

"Have I won?"

There is a collective agreement from everyone and Eira cries out triumphantly. My arms are dropped to my sides and the weight across my back disappears.

Seconds later I feel her feet on my back as my baby sister decides to rub in my humiliation further by standing on me in front of the entire club.

Roaring with rage, I seize the opportunity to end this indignity. Eira is unbalanced and would be easy to throw off, which is exactly what I do.

I surge upwards with all the power and anger in my body. Eira screams as her body flies across the ring. Standing with my head held high, I stride out of the ring and away from all the watching eyes and the screaming of my father.

"Liam, stop this!" My mother pleads as I keep walking. I can't stay here, I have to get away from this.

"Liam!" My father bellows as I head towards my bike.

I continue to ignore everyone, Eira is their favourite anyway so I might as well leave this pointless fucking club.

MC's Viking Warriors- Rogue #5 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara