Prologue

Standing here during the night, witnessing the downfall of my family's treasure horde.

Deep down below, underneath the once hidden island was hollow. Here the whole cavern was filled with glorious treasures that many were taken from across the globe that my ancestors stole.

Gold everywhere that have piled way up high where it would take perhaps days to reach the top. Gems of all types flow glimmers from the light causing them all to sparkle. Gorgeous crafts, antiques and arts you would need a whole vault that is a size of a kingdom to store them. Many galleon ships though I'm still wondering how they stored them here are filled with many weapons and armors of war. Knowledgeable scrolls that date back over centuries ago and are all soon to be buried in the island that is collapsing.

It was a mechanism I triggered. A failsafe of sorts that my ancestors installed long ago, to ensure outsiders are not to take a single treasure from us. An old saying they lived by, like a motto, 'If we can't have it neither can you.'

They had to be careful of never letting our treasures ever get taken. I would have preserved everything if I had enough time but then again I was in a rush since the whole fleet, much larger than any soldiers and cavalry put together is right outside this island.

It hurts watching it all go down. Our pride and joy, our hopes and dreams, our accomplishments and devotions. Everything. They all had gathered so much here and I have finally found it but found it too late.

After all tasks with the help of my comrades we accomplished, our efforts, in the end, were in vain. I couldn't hold back my laughter from the sight of it.

I worked hard from the ground up. From a nobody from the slums to founding out my legacy to race against my destiny and to losing it all and I am laughing like crazy.

My rising continuous laughter is drowning out the sounds of the crumbling island sinking into the deepest pits of the ocean.

All that hard work to get here and for what? A devil's joke is what I can take and a god's spat I can handle, but the downfall of my ancestor's legacy that was built from the ground up? Over thousands of years? I wasn't prepared for that.

"Abdul Tor Kilar!!"

I thank whatever forces that drove a moment of my insanity away and turned to the one that called out my name.

It was my old friend. Well, more like a traitorous bastard now. His name is Isaac Jakel from the House of Jackals. A current leader of sorts who lead a large battalion of bounty hunters who were after my head. My ancestors who were known as Midas Gold despised them. But the truth is the world is filthy hungry for my family's wealth that we accumulated over the years. Jack was no exception.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I couldn't help but smile at my upcoming announcement, "Name your price and you'll be evermore richer than kings who ever dream!"

Isaac pulled out his brandish sword as I pulled out my scimitar.

"But alas, unfortunately, you could only take a coin from here at best or none at all." I continue, "Look around you." I then gesture to the falling treasures, "Piles of gems, perfect paintings, relics and so much gold you can smelt them into bricks and build yourself a golden palace. Let alone a whole kingdom of all the land." I said as I let out a chuckle.

"None of this is worth anything anymore...but your head...will be a satisfying reward," Isaac said as he growls menacingly.

"And why is that?" I ask as I cocked my head to the side, "Was it because I ruin your life and the lives of the Jackals?" I said as I probe to hit a nerve.

Isaac shook his head, "You're a riot." He huffed, "May God take your soul, but if not then let the devil rejoices in your eternal suffering in hell." He said as he reducing the distance between us.

I shook my head as I grin, "You know, I did swore that I would share my wealth with you and my friends. But you of all people gotten too greedy and just wouldn't be patient now can you?" I raised my blade to him up to eye level, "You family of Jackals...from you there were sighs but I wanted to give you a benefit of the doubt." I then began to draw closer to him as I grip the handle of my blade.

"You talk too much...for a King of Thieves." He sneered.

"And you will always be...a double-crossing Jackal." I shot back.

Our dance to the death began and the time for my legacy to begin.

[A/N] Your thoughts?