Chapter 2. What Is Thy Wish

An Ancient Legend, Long Forgotten - One Thousand and One Nights

====================================

Orphaned by fate.

My life as I grew to be a thief - as I am well aware of how much of a prick that I can be - a magic Skeleton Key bound to me at a young age that can unlock or seal anything and the life of my past ancestors is a mystery. There are times when I secretly prayed to the stars and heaven above for answers.

An origin story you ever heard of right?

Sometimes I wonder, will I fail and what will lead me to failure? Or will the centuries of knowledge and the lusty Humans, Lizardfolk, Werehyenas and Peri women give me unlimited wealth, health and pleasure? Or will I survive based on luck?

Either way, while my days are all about stealing and scheming, some days are running away and nights are filled with wild sex in the beds with beautiful women. Because in the palace of the Riqqua' Mada, there are women who have needs...unlike this one.

"STARTING WITH YOU!"

The heat radiating from her was getting more and more intense as she fuel her power with her wrath and it was starting to grow overwhelming. It didn't help with how the sweat coming down from my forehead and dripping down into my eyes made it difficult to see, not that there was much to see for the moment.

I heard the sound of magical electricity snapping through the air. The Mage knew he wouldn't put up much of a fight against her, so he gave another glance at me before he stepped into the portal as it closes behind him.

I winced, ducking to avoid the fire that was whipping at my face. I touched my skin, feeling a light touch of burnt coming from my cheek, but I couldn't stop now.

My sword had done its job in blocking the next attack, but the heat along with its embers still washed over me. I could feel it singeing my skin to the point where I saw blackened spots and where the fire had scorched layers of my clothes. I wasn't going to survive another hit like that, especially on my back. I realized, quickly backing away and sprinting off toward where the exit but it is scorched and the guards were already waiting for me outside. I watched another ball of fire launch at me and I quickly changed directions, diving away from the searing heat I could feel at my back and then rushing toward the edge of the room, unsure of what I was going to do to escape.

To survive against a Djinn.

When that failed - to escape - I pushed more strength into the blade and she launched another ranged attack at me but only for me to direct it elsewhere. It struck the massive horde of gold that sent all but flying, heating them to a point of molten metal. A noise rumbled from her throat and a flicker of her movement made me realize, The Golden Law of Djinns, 'No Harm Befalls On Their Masters'.

But she could.

Something heated rushed forward, a bright red that was almost painful to look at directly. I had no time to dive away, so instead, I raised my sword to deflect it. A moment of searing heat rushed across my arms, drawing a roar of pain from me as I quickly backed away.

I was able to break away from the next charge in time, her attack cause a bombard crashed into the hull of the ship behind me, water gushing in as she levitate over it.

From all this ruckus, I could hear shouts coming from the outside. The ship is that of a beacon in the night, drawing all eyes alerting to it. The Mage will bring news to the Sultan, it seemed he will be finding ways of coming personally to find me. If I live. But this sword wouldn't last by blocking or deflecting for long.