Chapter Three: Love is Strange

Sugar Plum floated there seemingly lifeless. Sunny waved the Primrose petal in front of her causing her to scream. Sunny screamed in shock. She was terrified of seeing a Primrose petal after the last time she made the Love Potion. Sunny tried to explain why he brought it but Sugar Plum wouldn't listen. She explained to him the last time she made the Potion, The Bog King locked her away. All because he won't let her talk about that fateful day.

We'll get into that later because Plum was so happy to have someone finally listen to her. So, she would make the potion if Sunny let her out. They went to shake on it but, when Sunny put his hand in because Plum can't reach out, his hand became smaller. He screamed and took it back. Plum only laughed and showed him what he looked like by shape-shifting into him. So, Sunny gave her the petal and called her Plumettes to help her with the potion.

"Believe you me, there can be unforeseen consequences," Plum warned him.

"Like what?" Sunny asked

'Love. Love is strange,' the Plumette's took the essence out of the petal leaving a glowing pink ball.

"Now's not the time for a concert."

'Many people take it for a game,' Plum started working her magic but turned away from Sunny, "No lookie-loos! Once you get it you're in an awful...' Sunny tried to look, "What did I say?"

"No looking... No..."

''Cause after you've had it you never wanna quit. If you think making the potion's dangerous, wait till you use it. Love is strange. Love is strange. I'm so good, it scares me so!"

Back up above, the Goblins were still looking for Sunny and Bog was getting rather impatient.

"Is the elf taken care of?" Bog asked

"He's a slippery little devil," a Goblin told him.

"He's just an elf!"

Griselda popped out, "Hi!"

"Mom, no," Bog said knowing what she's up to.

"Oh, relax your thorax. Feast your eyes on..." some girls came out.

"No."

"Maxine's into fungi."

"No!"

"Lakeesha's hobby is killing frogs."

"Mom!" Bog groaned

"All you need is somebody to..."

"Don't say it," Bog hates the word 'love'

"What is it with men? They can't say that word, lo..." Bog forced her mouth shut but she still tried talking, "This is what I get for carrying you 23 months in my womb?"

"Promise to stop talking?"

Griselda nodded and Bog let go. Only for her to sing, along with Plum downstairs, 'Love!'

'Once you get it You're in an awful fix,' Plum finished the potion and was ready to give Sunny the potion when, "whoops! I almost forgot the last step!"

Sunny looked away as Plum kissed the bottle, finishing the potion.

'But after you've had it, you never wanna quit,' the Plumettes sang.

"Directions. Dust the one you love. Stand in front. Be the first she sees when she opens her eyes," Plum said.

"Got it. Dust the first eyes you see, be in the front, and stand on the one you love!" Sunny said wrong but got the idea.

Sunny took the potion with Plum still holding onto the bottle. After some pulling, Plum was out of her cage. She was free!

"Sunny?" Plum asked.

"Yeah?" Sunny said

"I know what set me free."

"Me."

'Love Is strange. Love Is strange.'

While Plum was singing, up above, Bog was dealing with the girls his mother brought in. None of them were his type or who he wanted to be with but Griselda wanted him to fall in love again. Bog had to head-butt one, put one to the side who poked him up the rear since she looked like a horned beetle, and the third tried to kiss him but he wanted nothing to do with any of this.

"Stop!" Bog yelled making everyone shut up.

But that helped him hear a familiar voice. He heard Plum from the dungeons still singing. He went to check if she had escaped or not. He was hoping she was still in her cage. Sunny tried to sneak out but Plum was too excited to be freed after so many years. She whooshed around exclaiming how free she was. Sunny tried to explain to her that she wasn't free yet because they were still in the dungeons. But she was too excited. When she finally calmed down, she followed Sunny. But quickly asked him how he found her.

He just told her about the Imp. That made her frustrated. She's met the Imp before. Asks for the Potion just so he can spread love around like goblin dung. So she warned Sunny not to give the Imp the Potion. They soon heard Bog come down the stairs so they hid under them. When Bog saw the trap door all broken from Plum's excitement, he knew he had to find her. He told Stuff to sound the alarm so she did, alerting the Goblins about Plum's escape. Sunny and Plum arrived in a room full of giant Goblins.

Plum flew over them as they were confused as to how she got out. Sunny just snuck through the crowd. Until Plum announced his presence and started running. Bog flew up to Plum who let her Plumettes distract him as she and Sunny escaped. Sunny was saved by the Imp making Stuff and Thang confused as to how he just disappeared into thin air. Or thick fog. Meanwhile, Bog caught up with Plum and trapped her in her prison once again. Plum called out to Sunny telling him to remember what she told him.

The Imp was there trying to take the potion but Sunny noticed and threw him off the edge of the log from earlier. Sunny wanted to leave but he made sure the Imp was alright first. It was so he said goodbye and left. Meanwhile, in the castle, Bog was shaking Plum around in her web prison. He was mad. He stopped so he could talk to her.

"What did you do?" Bog asked

"Well, the elf asked me to make the love potion," Plum said turning into Sunny.

"But you didn't have a primrose petal."

"And he brought me a primrose petal," she showed him holding a fake Primrose petal

"You made the potion?"

Plum turned back into herself, "Just like I did for you on that fateful day you never ever, ever let me talk about."

"Where is he?"

"Halfway to the Elf Festival by now."

Bog roared out in anger. He was going to that festival to get that potion back.