Decoding The Message

A few years earlier...

I entered the coffee shop, just planning to meet my study partner here. College is kinda rough, but I'm sure that it'll all be worth it. Learning to become a beta tester is no party though. Just to get my degree, it's gonna take a lot of work.

While I stood in line, waiting to order my Latte, I saw a girl standing in front of me that had the coolest rainbow streaks in her light brown hair. "Hey, um, I like your rainbow hair," I said to her. She turned around, not expecting that someone was gonna speak to her.

"Oh, thanks," she said with a pleasant, pretty smile upon her face. "I like your [F/C] sneakers."

"Thanks." Her face, so beautiful and her voice... I wish that I had a voice that was angelic like hers.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Looks like FNAF Help Wanted is all working very well," I said to my boss. "But some people were saying that another employee, Jeremy, saw some weird figure while he was testing it."

"Ah, yes, I heard all about that," my boss replied. "I'm sure that it'll be fine though. The development has been going smoothly with everyone else, maybe he just needs more sleep."

I exited the office. Even though being a beta tester is supposed to be amazing, it's honestly getting a little bit scary with the VR games, and I don't just mean that we're testing a horror game. It's just that... There have been a lot of glitches in the development, which has made me start hallucinating. It's only been about 2 times that it's happened, but both times were at random.

It was only a few hours later that I heard my boss yell, "[Y/N], get in my office, now!" I flinched and set the headset aside. I quickly made my way into my boss's office, confused about what happened.

"Sir, I-"

"Ms. [L/N], you were the one that tried to fix the bug with the game, but now, you've just made it worse," he said. I could tell that he was trying his hardest to keep his cool, but he was definitely having trouble. "You know that you're only supposed to let Carmen and Ace do this, they're the experts, but now, there's an anomaly within the game that is causing major malfunctions with the game files and coding itself."

"Oh my gosh, I-I-I'm so sorry!" I replied, apologetically. "I won't let it happen again, I swear. I didn't think that-"

"Yes, yes, you didn't think that it would do anything, that's exactly what you said last time it happened," he cut me off in a frustrated tone. "I'm sorry [Y/N], but for the safety of the other employees and to make sure that this doesn't happen again, I'm afraid that I'll have to fire you." This was all happening so fast. I stood there, completely still in shock for a few seconds.

"...I understand," I said in slight sorrow. He held his hand out and I took off my lanyard, along with my employee card, placing it in his hand. I exited the room without saying another word. My fellow co-workers were looking at me with a confused look, as if thinking, 'Where is she going?'.

Thankfully, I knew the next best place to work. Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizza Plex.

-----------------------------------------------------------

{Vanny's POV}

I opened my eyes and saw that I was staring at a blank screen. Realizing that I still had the VR headset on and was laying on the ground, I sat up and took off the headset. I stood up and felt kinda groggy, but almost like something was trying to control me. Questions twisted around my head. 'Where did that thing come from?' 'What was that thing?' 'How long was I out for?'

I set the headset down on the table and realized that I was the last one in the building. I quickly grabbed my belongings and headed out. It was already dark out, but there were still a few lights left on in the building.

I went to my car, but was getting a feeling like I was being followed or just being watched.

But no one else was there.

---------------------------------------------------

((Ok, I know that this had nothing to do with this specific fanfiction, but look at this!))