A Virus In The Code

I entered my home and tossed my keys into a bowl on the dining room table. I stretched out my arms, feeling somewhat stiff for some reason. I still had all of those other questions on my mind, but now the only question that I seemed to have was, what am I gonna have for dinner?

I walked over to the kitchen and turned on the light. Dirty dishes filled the sink and the stove looked like I hadn't cleaned it in a few months. Truthfully, I hadn't. I sighed. 'Looks like it's just gonna be Korean BBQ from that place downtown,' I thought to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After eating dinner, I took a shower and was lost in my thoughts the entire time. I'd decided that I was just gonna take a night to myself that night, since I didn't have work tomorrow. I was already planning to watch the movie 'Detective Pikachu' and eat some of the ice cream I bought the other day. I dried myself off once I was done, stepped out of the shower and put on some comfy pajamas, which consisted of royal blue sweatpants and a loose Blackpink shirt that my friend, Alandra, got for me from a k-pop concert a few years back.

I dried off my hair, but heard a crash come from inside my house. My first thought was, 'I don't have a dog... it could be an intruder!' I slowly opened the door and turned off the fan in the bathroom. I grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be an unopened bottle of lotion, and slowly crept through the house. I stopped as soon as I heard rattling coming from the kitchen. "YOU BETTER GET OUT OF MY GODDAMN HOUSE BEFORE I KILL YOU OR CALL THE COPS!" I said in a scary voice. This is how I dealt with some people back in college. I learned how to make myself sound extremely scary and like a person that you do not want to cross.

I slowly went into the living room and flipped on the light, just to see a bunny-like figure. "AHHHHHHH!" I yelled, holding up the item in my hand in a threatening way.

"WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, put tHe lotion down VAnny!" it said in a glitching voice.

"How the hell do you know my name?!" I exclaimed.

"That's not importanT right nOw, do you waNt to know who I-I am?" it asked. I nodded. "I'm Glitchtrap."

---------------The next day--------------------

{[Y/N]'S POV}

I looked up at the large mall-like building. I chose to come here at a later time, since it would be less crowded. I took a deep breath in and entered the building with slight caution. I stared in awe at the place. It looked like a place that would've been in my dreams as a kid. I already knew that it was gonna be a big place, since it has a mini golf course, a laser tag area, staging area, and many other things, but I didn't expect it to look this amazing.

I saw one man standing by the door, who was obviously working there and was about to ask him where the office is, when I heard a familiar little voice say, "[Y/N]?!" I turned around, slightly confused, but then saw a little boy who looked to be about 9 or 10 running towards me.

"Gregory!" I exclaimed, crouching down and opening up my arms to hug him. We hugged and then pulled away. I used to babysit Gregory. He was always such a sweet kid.

I looked over and saw his mother. "Hi [Y/N]," she said with a smile. As I thought, she was wearing diamond earrings and a designer dress. The nice thing is that even though Gregory's family is wealthy, they're not snobs. They're actually very pleasant and kind people. And Gregory's dad is the team principal of the Formula 1 team, Ferrari.

"Hi Mrs. Peterson," I said with a small wave. "How's your husband?"

"He seems to be doing pretty well," she said. "Still frustrated that they're now losing races, but overall, he's fine."

"Fine's better than insane," I replied.

"What brings you here?" she asked.

"Got fired from my last job," I explained. "I have to find somewhere to work temporarily."

"Oh, I'm so sorry! They're looking for people to be either servers or Security Guards here, so you should get this job pretty easily." This reassured me a bit. It just made me feel better about this.

---------------------------------------------------

 The interview went over well and I was told that I'll probably get a call back within the next week.. I decided that it would be a better way to go if I got the job as a security guard, since the servers here wear roller skates to deliver the food quicker and I literally became famous on a legendary Vine that my friend, Blair, took of me falling while skating. It's a night job, so my sleeping schedule is gonna be out of whack.

 I went home, already knowing that tonight's gonna be a good night.

-------------------------------------------------

I arrived home and immediately went into my room. I set my miniature [Fav/Cartoon Character] backpack down and looked around my room. My walls were decorated with Five Nights At Chuck E.'s and Hello Neighbor merch. I had a lot of video game merchandise, a lot of it from horror games and Nintendo games. I had a few things that had to do with the games Yandere Simulator and Doki Doki Literature Club. On my dresser, there was a framed picture that my great grandpa on my mom's side of the family, Samuel Lawrence, drew. He was an animator at Joey Drew Studios. I'm pretty sure that I got my artistic nature from that side of the family, due to the fact that my dad was never very talented when it came to art. Unless it was abstract. In that case, he's actually pretty good!

 I figured that tonight I would watch a bit of [Fav/Movie] and then head to bed. I wasn't too hungry, but I decided 'Why not?' and made some [Fav/Food]. Hey, at least tonight I had a chance for Netflix & Chill.

-----------------------------------------------------------