3

Later that evening, on the way back to the hotel, he stops at the store and picks up a bottle of wine, among the rest of his grocery items on the list. By the time he checks his phone again he's back in his room, drying off after the shower, and he sees a text from Harry.

Hotel isn't dog friendly :( think u can smuggle him in?

Ummmm idk he's kind of a big dog Louis texts back, looking at Clifford who is just standing there watching him curiously, head tilted to the side like he does when he's confused. Louis ruffles his fur and waits for a response.

Go to the back entrance. I'll have someone there to bring you guys to my room

Attached is the address and a link to the hotel's website just in case he gets lost or something.

Louis gets dressed casually, not too worried about dressing to impress because he's pretty sure the clothes won't last a few minutes anyways. Besides, he already knows Harry likes him, and he's pretty sure Adidas joggers and a t-shirt aren't going to change that.

He hauls Clifford into the rental car, thinking about their no-dog policy too, and laughing to himself. Harry's hotel is only a few minutes away, and Louis finds it funny that he stays at a nicer hotel while the rest of the crew is at a middle-of-the-road one. Harry doesn't seem like the type of person to care about these things, but Louis doesn't really know. He's only known him for a week really, and they have yet to have a full conversation like normal people that doesn't involve lipstick or making out in the shadowy part of the studio behind the stage.

Cliff is curled up on the backseat by the time he pulls up the drive of the hotel so he feels bad for waking him, enough to even attempt to carry him. It doesn't work but it's the thought that counts, Louis supposes. They make it to the back entrance and someone is there to lead them up to Harry's room, just like Harry said. Louis knocks on the door and it opens almost immediately, with someone tugging him inside by the front of his shirt. Before he knows it the door is closed and both him and Clifford are inside a very luxurious-looking hotel room.

"Sorry, people aren't supposed to see me. Or your dog I guess," Harry mutters, looking sheepish for tugging Louis inside the room so aggressively.

"It's fine," Louis laughs, watching as Cliff excitedly bounds forward and starts sniffing Harry, always eager to meet someone new. Harry holds out his hand for Cliff to smell before petting the fluffy fur on his head.

"You're a cutie," He coos in a voice reserved especially for animals, getting down on his knees so he's at eye-level with the labradoodle. "What's your name, baby?"

"Clifford," Louis supplies, stepping further into the expansive hotel room and having a look around while his dog and the popstar meet each other. "Nice room. Or, rooms, I guess."

"Yeah, it's a little excessive I know. They insisted on me staying here though. Not that I'm complaining necessarily, but. Ooooh, you brought wine."

Louis laughs at the way he gets sidetracked, agreeing, "I did."

"Pour me a glass, please."

"Mhm." Louis finds a bottle opener and two wine glasses in the fully-stocked kitchen. He walks around exploring a bit and sipping his wine while Harry gives all his attention to Clifford, who is lying on his back enjoying Harry's big hands rubbing his belly.

When Louis returns back to Harry they talk for a while about random things as they drink their wine, and Louis realizes that he would be happy even if they did nothing more than this. Harry's company is just so... pleasant. They just seem to get each other, like they're on the same wavelength or something. Louis has never felt so completely at ease with someone before, but he feels that with Harry.