5

It's almost noon by the time Harry finally wakes up, stretching and yawning as the sunlight streams in from the windows and illuminates him in lovely golden light.

Louis watches as he opens his eyes and notices Clifford between them, laughing quietly before seeing Louis watching him. He just smiles sleepily and cuddles closer, resting his cheek on Louis' arm again and saying, very profoundly, "This is nice."

"Agreed."

"We should do this more often. And not just like... sex, but like, other stuff too."

"Other stuff like what?"

"Like, dates and stuff. If you want."

Louis can't help the smile that spreads on his face, especially given the blush dusting Harry's cheeks. He never really stood a chance. "Are you sure that's allowed, popstar?"

"Well, I don't think it really is, but."

"You mean we get to sneak around and I get to have the cheesy forbidden romance I've always dreamed of?"

"That's what you dream of?"

"Not exactly. But I'm willing to try if you are. And at the very least the sneaking around aspect of it will be fun."

"And at the most it'll be something that causes a rift to form between us so wide neither one of us is capable of fixing it, and we both leave with broken hearts because we just can't deal with the stress of hiding anymore."

"Orrrr, we stay together because we're committed to each other, even though it sucks to hide our love, and we may have to make some sacrifices, but at the end of the day we end up happy and together and glad we put in an effort to be together because it ended up turning out great, you pessimist."

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I've had three boyfriends during my career and they all left me for that exact reason, you know."

"Well, dear Harold, I don't know if they made you feel like how you make me feel, but I'm thinking this is special, and something I don't want to lose. So I'm willing to try if you are."

Harry's lip quivers and he looks away like he's going to cry. Louis won't let that happen. He peppers his face with kisses until he cracks a smile again.

"So what do you say, are you willing to try it with me?"

Harry stares at him for a long while and Louis wonders how he even came into contact with someone so lovely, so charismatic, so beautiful. It makes him ache with want in a pleasant way, like that burning feeling in his chest, that sensation of his heart whispering mine, mine, mine into the universe. Wanting.

And he thinks he can hear Harry's heart calling back. Yours, yours, yours.

"Okay. Okay, yes, of course. Of course I'll try with you. Of course."

Harry kisses Louis deeply, and then he kisses the top of Clifford's head too just for good measure. There's excitement building in the pit of Louis' stomach, and it feels like the beginning of something really good.

As he often is, Louis is right.