Hunting Percy

Still Keefe 3rd POV

"Thanks again, Alessia, for helping us." Nico said to the hunter.

The brunette wrinkled her nose in distaste as she studied the piece of fabric that belonged to Percy, "I'm not doing this for you, boy, I'm doing this as a favor for my lieutenant and out of respect for the girl who saved the world." she said. Something about the two hunters unnerved Keefe, maybe it was the silvery glow around them, or how they seemed much older then they looked, either way, something was off about them.

Thalia placed a hand on Alessia's shoulder, seemingly to calm her nerves.

"Boys. Would you please take a few steps back." Thalia's words were directed at Dex more than anybody, he was slowly inching closer to the hunters, trying to get a good look at the gadget that they were using.

"Any of these can work, but if there is anything here that Percy is emotionally attached to. Then I will be able to pinpoint her location with a lot more accuracy." Alessia said looking up at Nico.

"Let's look around her room, there has to be something of Annabeth's or her Mom's around there." Will said, walking toward the door.

"Turn left, her room is right across the picture of the guy wearing a green cape." Sophie said, unsure of weather she should partake in rifling through Percy's belongings. It felt wrong seeing as she didn't know her very well.

"Wait. Isn't that Annabeth girl Percy's ex? Why would Percy keep anything of hers?" Sophie questioned.

Nico and Will shared a look with each other.

"She died... Right?" I asked, "When Percy mentioned her she didn't feel any resentment, or negativity, only grief." It was an emotion that Keefe was overwhelmed with, even if he wasn't touching her.

"You mentioned that the boy with the blonde hair, Octaivian, took Percy. He is also the one who killed Annabeth. Stabbed her in the back, literally." Will said.

Sophie's mouth formed an O of horror. "But, he looked so young!" she gasped.

"Killing is an unfortunate part of our life, ask Sandor if you don't believe me. I'm sure he killed someone before he was your age." Nico said blankly. It was one of the things that I  liked about him. He spoke like it wasn't good or bad, just is. It is our reality, and there isn't much we can do to change it.

Nico continued around the room with Will, looking for anything that they recognized. Everyone else decided that this was something they wouldn't help with.

"Found it." Will called, he pulled out a hat from underneath Percy's bed. It had a strange looking symbol on it. And a strange shape. In fact, the only reason I knew it was a hat was because I had seen humans wearing them in pictures.

Alessia held up her hand and Will tossed the hat to her.

"Should we take it with us?" Nico whispered to Will, "I know that she wouldn't care, want us to take it even, but..."

"It feels wrong." Will offered.

"Yeah, that."

"We probably shouldn't take it without asking Percy first, unless we need to." Will said. That was something no one could argue with. Whatever uses the hat had would come second to Percy's permission.

"Found her. Now let's get going... You are ready, right?" Alessia asked.

"I just need to-"

"You? Sorry kid. No way your coming." Will cut Sophie off. There was no way he was introducing Sophie to their world

"Kid? I'm what? Two years younger than you? Besides, we have abilities that will help us get Percy back."

"Exactly, 'get Percy back' that is all you think this will be. You are not ready for a kill or be killed situation and there is no way in hell I'm putting you in one." Will said. In an instant he went from a carefree kid to someone who knew what battle was.

"I'll fight to get Percy back! I-I'll kill to-"

"Look at me in my eyes. Can you look at me in my eyes and tell me that you will kill someone or something." Nico said, once again cutting her off. Sophie struggled to make eye contact. She was panicking and her eyes fluttered across the room, anywhere but Nico.

Nico sighed, "Look, this isn't some test I want you to pass, once you kill someone rather is no going back. From what I have heard about Elves it is even worse for you guys. I don't want you to walk into a death cage, without knowing how to fight, and especially without wanting to. It's going to end with you backing out in the last second or watching from the sidelines which won't help anyone. Okay?"

Sophie reluctantly nodded. This clearly wasn't what she wanted to hear but it sort of made sense when we thought about it. Still, Percy was our friend... somewhat... and I didn't see Sophie giving up so easily.

"Okay!" Nico clapped his hands together. "Let's go."

Thalia POV

My stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Cousin. How- I mean I know you have a knack for getting kidnapped but this is a little extreme even for you.

"How long do you think it will take to get there?" I asked Alessia. She had been with the hunters longer than I had, it was sometimes strange having people who probably knew a lot more about the world than I did referring to me as their boss, but I got used to it over time,

"Depends on how close the Ha- your cousin can take us."

"You. Can you take us to here." Alessia said pointing to a dot on a map.

"I mean I can try, but I might end up being off by a f ew hundred miles." Nico said examining how far the trip would be.

"The alternative would take far too long, can you do it?" Alessia asked.

Nico nodded. "Only one way to find out."

Hold Crap. Sorry it took so long. (Also sorry if there are grammar or spelling mistakes I didn't edit.) Also I have like 5 anime fanfics (Not pjo crossovers) with multiple chapters in my drafts that have been partially started... should I publish them just for the heck of it or...

This won't affect my slug speed updates btw... 😓

And MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ANYONE WHO CELEBRATES IT!