Epilogue - Love Me Like You Do

Previous Chapter

That night after making love, I remained awake for a while, just staring at Prem while he slept. We had come so far. So many ups and downs. But though this was the saddest point in my life, it was also the happiest. I was not alone in my grief, and with Prem by my side I knew the darkness would fade and eventually the sun would shine again.

I hope Prem realized, he was my flashlight too.

Boun Point of View

We all know that life isn't perfect. You'll be hit with challenges, twists, and turns, laughter and tears. But there's something about having the right person by your side that truly brings a happiness, a silver lining even through the toughest times.

I found that person in Prem early on at a young age.

Neither one of us was perfect, and throughout the years we had our ups and downs. But who expects marriage to be flawless?

There's a reason why, when one exchanges vows, that the terms like 'for better OR worse', 'richer OR poorer, and 'through sickness AND health' exist. Because marriage isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes its gray skies and thunderstorms. But in those times, we always had our umbrella of love and devotion shielding us during the downpour.

Luckily, we had plenty more positive times than difficult ones.

Though Prem and his biological father never really mended fences, he and Lay had become incredibly close throughout the years. They had a bond kindred to one that seemed as though they had known one another their entire life.

Professionally speaking life was great as well. Prem's family just recently opened their fifth café and it seemed they were really giving a much larger known café franchise a run for their money. I was so damn proud of him.

As far as my tattoo career went, the documentary was a huge success. One led to another and soon the offers and endorsements were so plentiful that it almost became overwhelming.

I was currently filming the third season of my hit reality docuseries of Ink My Scars. In life trials and tribulations occur like illness, horrific accidents, and other dramatic events, that may lead to some physical scars. Tattoos have become an awesome way to seize your power again. It's one's chance to really redesign what that scar can look like on your terms.

Each episode featured two or three everyday people and their life stories of endurance and perseverance, along with the battle scars that remained after surviving their harrowing ordeal.

Some would choose to conceal the scar tissue completely.

While others decided to skillfully cooperate with them, turning what was once something that might seem unsightly to others uniquely beautiful