Chapter 19: Owesifanze Wokuduma: Woman of Thunder

40 BULLETS

We woke up in nearly the same position, but I didn't feel any stiffness. Sharing a twin bed back on Earth with even my dog would have given me some kind of aches. I sat up and smiled down at Thann, fully forgetting that I wanted to be angry still.

He sat up after and stretched. "El."

"Hi," I said simply.

"Hi," he chuckled back.

My head tilted. "Is that the first time you've said that?"

He ignored my question and cupped my face for a full kiss that spoke of eternities of happiness.

It was full minutes of unbroken adoration sparking through my veins. His lips were magic.

He pulled back leaving me breathless and my eyes still softly closed. His fingertips tenderly wandered over my face leaving streams of tingles until I finally looked at him.

He grinned and then kissed my cheek once. "El stay." He then stood and walked to the cave entrance.

"Hey?" I complained. "You're going to kiss me like that and then run away?"

"Stay."

I pouted and folded my arms. "Fine. Go take your morning disappear."

He flashed a toothy grin and ran off leaving me to take my own human minute.

Finishing my business, I wandered around the camp for a few minutes and then took a cutting from the meat still skewered to the spit. I mean, what the hey, I already had food poisoning once, maybe let's try for another. Nibbling the meat, I wandered around the area until found a plot of land that had to be a garden. It looked like things were deliberately planted in rows and the dirt tilled around them.

Good to know I could grow food here.

I was looking over the plants and trying to decide if I already knew what any of them were when out of nowhere, I was caged with thick arms and spun around.

I screamed in fear that another werewolf goon had got me, until Thann guffawed and set me down, ruffling over the top of my head.

"Thann!" I screamed at him.

He grinned and pulled me against his chest in an embrace that I didn't want to reciprocate, but he was too strong to get away from, so I just scowled at him.

His thumb smoothed over my brow.

I grumbled. "I thought you didn't want me scared? Hmm? Thann scared El!"

He paused as if he hadn't thought about that and then shrugged. He grabbed my hand and started walking us back to the cave entrance. "El weelbearo go."

I stopped and looked up at him with a smile. "We can go get my wheelbarrow now?"

He nodded.

"Let's go!" I bounded into his side energetically.

"Sidinga izimpahla esizozithatha. Isinkwa. Amanzi. Inyama eyomile." He tugged me into the cave and sat me down on the bed.

"But I want to leave. Can't we go? Wheelbarrow."

He rubbed rough fingers as a caress along my cheek. "Linda."

"Linda?" I asked startled, my eyes darting around. "Is there another woman here?"

He grinned. "Yebo, linda."

While I was wallowing in confusion, he trotted to the back of the cave. Was there another woman tied up back there the whole night?