chapter one : tape 1 , side a

THE RIGHT TIME
S01:E01

ANGUISH, that was the atmosphere inside the black 2017 Kia Optima that was crusading on the streets of Crestmont, California

ANGUISH, that was the atmosphere inside the black 2017 Kia Optima that was crusading on the streets of Crestmont, California. As the modern car blended into the dark and serene scenery. The oblivion of pitch blackness the sky emitted only lit up by a mantelpiece of stars.

Only once in every full moon would headlights of cars driving opposite be visible, their destination unknown. The sensation of the unknown is what made the dark-haired girl controlling the vehicle feel even more uneasy.

  Uneasy with the fact that the destination that awaited her would cause her even more pain. Nighttime came as more of a punishment to her, a reminder of what she had lost, letting her go deeper into her clouded thoughts. The feeling of fogginess causing a swirl of emotions, ones she had been very accustomed to as of recently.

  Guilt. It had been not a long time since she had felt that emotion deep in her heart. Every day she felt like this and every day she drowned it, putting up a front for others.

Yet on this painful night as she slightly bobbed her head to the music that played from her modern radio, trying to get the lyrics to drown out her dark thoughts. Anguish was what she felt for the future.

  Aitana passed by "Lorelai's", a very fancy restaurant full of memories near her destination. She smiled, not just any smile; it was his favorite smile. The one she only shared in his presence, the one that felt like a gift that was only meant to be given to one person in specific.

That person wasn't present inside the car at that moment, but in her broken heart, it felt like he was. In that painful atmosphere, his presence was undeniable.

"I don't know why you keep looking at the menu, I already know what you're going to order." Jeff told her as he stared at his girlfriend who had been intensely staring at the menu, the girl lifted her eyebrow daringly at him.

"Really? And what would that be?" She asked mischievously, placing down the menu in front of her as she awaited his answer. He let out a soft laugh and smiled.

"You're going to order the sirloin with a side of creamed fresh baby spinach." He said with a smirk as the girl let out a deflated sigh.

"Damn it." Her answer made him laugh again. "You know me too well." She replied with a false frown while shaking her head. He placed his hand over hers and gave her a teasing smile.

"A little too well, if you know what I mean." He told her making her widen her eyes at his implication as she laughed.

"Jeff!"