chapter two : tape 1 , side b

THE RIGHT TIME
S01:E02

THE RIGHT TIMES01:E02

'BREATH... Breath... Breath in. Breath out. You got this'

AJ calmed herself down as she sat in the school parking, staring at the giant building. To say she was scared of how people were going to stare at her or of what they had been saying would be an understatement.

But she was ready to face whatever it was. For the first time in a while, she had gotten dressed up and put effort into the way she looked, and she felt stronger. It's silly how much your appearance can dictate the way you feel and act.

She was ready to walk through those doors stronger than yesterday. She wouldn't cry and if at any moment she felt like she couldn't take it anymore, she would deal with it as best as she could and not let that feeling tear her down again.

She would never be who she was before Jeff died, and she would never be who she was before she listened to those tapes. But she would make sure that at least not every part of her as a person was gone.

"Okay Aitana, stop freaking out. You got this." She told herself as she stared into her eyes through the mirror.

She fixed some stray-away hairs and cleaned a little under her eyes where some mascara had stained lightly. Before she plastered the best fake smile she could muster. And nodded in contempt, stepping out of the car with her backpack on her shoulder.

She walked confidently down the parking and into the school, greeting those around her who greeted her first. She began noticing that there were no weird looks or hushed whispers by any of the students down the hallways.

Was no one gonna talk about what she had done?

She walked to her locker and began getting her textbooks out for the two following periods that she had right after morning practice. Her equipment for her swimming practice was already in the girl's locker room, so she only needed her academic books.

As she looked through her books, she felt two presences behind her, she turned her head towards them and saw Zach and Marcus. She falsely smiled at them.

"Hi!" She greeted cheerfully, mentally scoffing at how much she sounded like Courtney Crimsen. The two boys looked at each other confused.

No one at school had dared talk about what had happened between AJ and Sheri. There was an unsaid agreement to never spread rumors or talk badly about Aitana Silva.