PROLOGUE

JJ MAYBANK HAD never been the type to "crush". JJ Maybank was the type to have a crush on. Practically every girl on the island of Outer Banks turned their heads when he gracefully walked by. He was the boy every guy wished they were, JJ had everything most guys wished they had.

JJ had everything; the charm, the good looks, the dazzling smile. But the Maybank boy didn't feel as if he had, or were, everything. He was missing something, he felt there was something about himself he couldn't pinpoint just yet.

And then Pope Heyward strolled into his life casually, flipping the blonde boy's world upside down.

Or maybe, just maybe, he actually flipped it right side up.

____

POPE HEYWARD WAS quite the opposite of JJ, actually. He was awkward, usually a loner, and had atrocious conversation skills when it came to girls. He never knew the right thing to say. He was practically a puddle of intrusive thoughts.

But one thing he didn't lack was knowledge.

Pope was a smart boy, one of the smartest boys anyone would ever have the pleasure of meeting. And because of this, during his sophomore year of high school, he makes a deal to be a tutor of a failing student.

But not just any student; JJ Maybank.

______

NOTE FROM KARLEE:

Hey babes <3 I decided to make a jjpope fanfic bc im literally obsessed with them LMAO. This is the first fanfic I've ever made of two characters that weren't created by me, so sorry if this isn't the best lol. anygay, have an amazing day/night my fruit cups. Ily :))