07

i hope you enjoy this chapter, thank you for voting and interacting with this book/story. ^^

tw: manipulation/gaslighting, domestic abuse.
note: not proofread.

-

kasumi hopped on her car and revved its engine. she drove towards her father's house with vexation and resentment, her tears threatening to fall and trickle down her cheeks because she doesn't even know how to start - everything was just so overwhelming. her lips quivered as she tried to regain her composure, her eyes wavered as she struggled to get her thoughts together, and it wasn't long until she reached her father's residence.

as she stepped out of her car, she saw the house she used to live in, now in shambles and is now the ruins of her lost memories because she swore to never step in this house again, seven years ago. but here she is, breaking her own promise.

she turned the doorknob open, surprised to see it unlocked and there was a strong, heavy vinous fetor on the air, and the household itself reeked of issues and broken family, betrayal and cigarette smoke lingering in the air - it was more than enough kasumi could handle. the past she tried to bury within her is now resurfacing once again, the trauma she was desperately running away from now got her once again, chains rattling and shackling her down.

song suggestion: daddy issues remix by the neighbourhood

it still looked the same inside, there were booze bottles, scattered ash trays and overall the house looked musty and a total chaos. and as she stood there with brows both furrowed, there was a woman in her mid 30s who walked outside a room, "who the hell are you? HONEY THERE'S A ROBBER IN OUR HOUSE! CALL THE POLICE!" she screeched, her voice was high pitched and annoying.

"can you please tone the fuck down? i'm not a robber, i need to speak to the man you're living with." kasumi groaned, as she massaged her temples.

"look who came crawling back in. what brings you here?" a hoarse voice spoke out, making kasumi to raise her head to see the man she wanted to confront, all while he lit up his cigarettes with a calm demeanour. anger was bubbling up within her, eyes sparkling with numerous emotions that she doesn't know how to address, or how to voice it out.

"is this your new bitch, honey? she looks young, and i bet that she's just leeching off you, just drop her sorry ass." the woman wooed.

"if there's someone here who's leeching off someone, that's definitely you, bitch. now get the fuck out of my face before i drag you out of here." kasumi snapped making the woman clench her jaws and rush towards kasumi.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY BITCH?" the woman squealed, but was stopped by kasumi's father. "WHAT? WHY ARE YOU -" she complained but was cut off by the man's response.

"that's my daughter, helena," kasumi's dad explained, and the woman was flabbergasted, her mouth hanged open while she blinked twice.

"now go inside the bedroom for the mean time. i'll take you out later." the man added, and helena obeyed silently,  sharply throwing dagger like stares to kasumi.

"now, sit down and let's talk. what brings you here, kasumi to cause such trouble and chaos in my household?" her father initiated the conversation calmly, a cigarette on his mouth as he puff the ghastly smokes - further infuriating kasumi.

"wow, you're so soft spoken that you'd think i'm the bad guy here. well at least that's what i used to think." she scoffed, about to rant all the shits that's been bothering her.

"it was you who rebeled against me. it was you abandoned this family, kasumi. do not forget what happened that day."  his father spoke ever so casually making kasumi flinch firmly.

"you definitely know how to fucking twist your words, don't you? let me tell you something then. i'm not the girl you used to hit and manipulate." kasumi seethed, gritting her teeth as she leaned down to confront her father all while she suppresses the tears welling up in her eyes.

"so tell me the fucking reason on where the fuck did you spend the 20 million dollars you borrowed from the loan sharks? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PINCH IT ALL TO ME? WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SO IRRESPONSI-" she continued but was cut off when her father slapped her.
she was taken aback all while her hands unconsciously clutched her swollen face.

her tears now gushed out of her eyes, non stop. she was used to this pain, but fuck. it was painful, it had a burning sensation of hatred and agony, and she can feel her body trembling.

kasumi's father grabbed kasumi's left wrist and held it tightly as he raved and whispered, "let me tell you something, kasumi. how i used it is none of your business, but its your duty to serve and care for your parents, so you'll be the one to pay it. you're successful because of me, and at this point, i'm the only one you have. i'm the only one who can still correct you, of you being an ill mannered woman. and i'm doing this for your sake, just like how i loved and cared for you back then so don't you fucking dare raise your voice at me."

"this isn't love. this isn't how you care for your family. this, this is abuse," she started, eyes dilating because of anger. "because in the first place, you were never there for us, especially when everything went downhill because of your alcohol addiction, so don't go running off telling me that I'M the one who wrecked this family, because it was YOU." kasumi shot back with resentment, and with all her strength she pulled her arm away from her father.

the man was now fuming mad, now fueled with so called indignation, and this is a sight kasumi feared to see, a sight she was so used to see several years ago, it was her nightmare, and its taking everything from her to stand up proudly and bravely as she fought it-

"I'M STILL YOUR FATHER, NAKASHIMA KASUMI!" he roared, as he yanked her daughters hair, making kasumi yelp in pain but she still held her ground -

"YEAH, AND THE SHITTIEST ONE AT THAT!" she snapped back as she pushed her father away as hard as she could, and she took that chance to run away.

she was crying uncontrollably, as she went inside her car. she can't even see straight, as she drove with madness, she was bawling her eyes out, the pain is still there, frustration and misery and she doesn't know where to put it, she doesn't know how to let it all out.

she stopped at a place that was too familiar to her, the place she held close to her heart - it was already night time. the stars and constellations gleamed cheerfully all while her heart dies. the moon sparkled dimly all while her eyes withered with light. the waves crashed with gentle melody, the wind whispered lullabies to her that calmed her aching heart.

she ran towards the wide ocean while screaming her heart out, "FUCK LIFE! WHERE IN THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND $20M, WHEN I DON'T HAVE A DAMNED JOB?! I HATE EVERYTHING, I FUCKING RESENT THIS SHITTY LIFE!"

"become my assistant then." a serene voice spoke out.

-

i'm sorry for the late and short update t^t something came up yesterday so i wasn't able to update the story. but i'll upload the next chapter in a bit, i'll just take a bath jk >,<
i hoped you enjoy the story! thank you for all the votes and interactions. <33