Sea salt, pasta, and cake.

"We're on the train!" Luca squealed, clutching his bag,

"Luca, that is the 15th time you've said that. I counted." Giulia stated, looking up from the book she was reading.

She should've told Luca to bring some sort of entertainment with him, something to occupy himself. Though, she had a feeling he would still be distracted anyway.

"Giulia! I can see the ocean!" Luca tugged on his friends arm and they both admired the crisp blues. They were getting close.

"You can smell the sea salt." Giulia commented, taking a whiff of the air.

"Oh gosh, I'm so nervous. How do I look?" Luca asked, standing up and straightening his white button up shirt. It was his favorite. It always reminded him of being with Alberto.

"That is the 9th time you've asked that. And for my 9th reply- fine. You look fine!" Giulia laughed and then sighed, looking at the way the terrain dipped until the tracks moved away from the ocean and she could no longer see the blues because of the thick trees and overgrowth.

"Aren't you excited to be back?" Luca inquired,

"Of course. I really miss my dad but..."

"You're going to miss Athena."

"I didn't even get go talk to her after the detention thing. Her family took her early out of school to go stay in Greece for the summer."

"Well you will get to see her next semester. And besides, you still have her sweater. Speaking of which-" Luca opened up his brown suitcase, dug through for a few seconds until showing a crocheted-

"What is that?" Giulia asked, trying not sound too insulting.

Behold, Luca held a knitted fabric of multiple colors. He had put some planning into it, but it was his first project and when he had run out of a certain yarn, he would just grab another, despite how odd they looked together. It's shape was odd, it's one arm hole and a full- what looked like a sleeve- was strange.

"It's a shawl. Or maybe it's a scarf? I don't know- I just wanted to make something for Alberto." Luca tucked it back into the suitcase shyly. "I'm really nervous about giving it to him."

"You could give him a pebble and he would love it."

"What, why?"

"Because it would be a gift from you." Giulia answered, taking Lucas hand and they began to walk toward the door of their car.

"Wait- are we here?" Luca stammered, "Wait- do I look okay?" Luca fluffed up his hair a bit and shuffled with the hem of his shorts.

"For the tenth time- you are okay. You do realize that Alberto wouldn't care, right?"

"I know, but-"

The door began to slide open and Luca gulped nervously.

Giulia hopped out, and looked around the train station.

"Come on, Luca!" She motioned for him to follow and he reluctantly got off the train, taking a look around.

Neither of them could see Giulia's dad, Luca's family or Alberto.

"I would think at least your parents would be here." Giulia commented,

"Yeah, that's really odd." Luca replied,

"Ah, well," Giulia shrugged, "We can still head back home. Maybe they just forgot we were coming today."

So they started walking, Luca following Giulia. Luca furrowed his brows thinking to himself how wonderful it would have been if he had just jumped off the train and into the arms of Alberto. How they would spin and kiss-