Chapter 5

Celine's POV

Morning came quicker than I expected and to my disappointment, Abel wasn't on the bed with me.

I recall last night where I had stayed up all night waiting for him. I even skip dinner because I wanted to have dinner with him and maybe we could talk.

But he didn't return until I finally gave up and fell asleep only to wake up and find his space empty.

The thought of him spending the night with Taylor brought fresh pain to my heart. There was a part of me saying that Abel would never be mine as long as Taylor was there. But I held on to hope.

One day he would love me.

I got out of bed and went through my normal morning routine of taking a bath, brushing my teeth and putting on fresh clothes.

I walked out of the room and immediately the scent of food assaulted my nostril causing my stomach to growl.

Consequences of not having dinner.

I fixed my glasses properly and walked down the stairs towards the dinning hall.

It was quiet difficult to find cause the place was huge and I haven't been given a tour yet. I was way to tired for that yesterday.

"Good morning Celine"

I turn around startled but calm down when I realized it was just Martha.

I gave her a polite smile "Good morning Martha. I- I was just looking for the dinning hall"

She nodded still smiling "Please follow me. Sir Abel is already there waiting for you"

That got my heart pounding fast in anticipation and hope. Does that mean he slept here last night.

I couldn't help my curiosity "when did he get back?"

"At midnight" she answered "he was so drunk and reeked of alcohol and I couldn't wake you up with him in that state" her voice was like that of a disapproving mother and I knew she must not have expected Abel to go get drunk on the night of his wedding.

A part of me was relived that he didn't spend the night with Taylor. I had faith in Abel. I knew he won't cheat on me with Taylor even though he hates me. He wouldn't do such a cruel thing.

Martha finally stopped at a door and she pushed it open to reveal the biggest dinning room I have ever seen.

The table could fit more than twenty people and beautiful paintings decorated the walls.

I couldn't stop looking around and soon, my eyes landed on Abel, he was already dressed for work and having his breakfast.

"enjoy your breakfast Celine" Martha smiled and shut the door and I was left alone with Abel.

He sat muching on his toast while staring at his cell phone, totally ignoring my precense.

I took a sit before him, I was shaking nervously. This is the first time me and Abel were sitting together so civil, and I was desperate to say something, to at least start a conversation just like husband and wife do but before I could say anything, he stood up.

"There's going to be a party tonight and it starts by six. I want to find you fully dressed and ready when I get back, okay" he said in a commanding tone but I was too stund by his words to fully comprehend what he said.

Did he really want me to go to the party with him?

"What?" I asked dumbly, hoping he would repeat his words so I would be sure I heard correctly.