A new beggining

"Thanks" I handed the payment for the taxi ride to the airport.

I just left home. Im heading to California to start my new life. I'm leaving my whole family, friends, the church, my neighbors, and the strangers that I got to speak with without knowing their name. Im going away; from the traditions that's holding me back, from the scriptures I had to follow, and the strict people. Everything is free now I get to live the life of a normal American.

I entered the aiport struggling to get away from those revolving doors, geez. I wish I grew up with technology.

As I got inside I saw the busy hallways of the airport. People where lining up for the tickets and piling up their luggages. I didn't know where to start.

Bonni told me my flight schedule is 15:00 but I got here way to early I have to wait 2 hours from now. Bonni is my bestfriend an ex-Amish she manage to escape when they found out she was gay and had a girlfriend from the next town we both live in. The clergy decided to put her in one their rehabilitation center which didn't turn out well. They abused and brainwashed her. It was a horrifying experience, thank god she escape that place. We still kept in contact though she gave me a phone and we text each other secretly.

I went to the ticket booth or as they call it check-in-counter and confirmed my ticket. They gave me this coupon style paper I think; its the ticket, and told me to enter to a gate. I forgot the name I'm just going to follow some people I saw that have the same flight as me.

I followed this family over a gate and entered. And saw one of those flying things outside the big windows 'aero plain' I mouthed out. Yeah I think that's how you call it.

As I was following the family they rode this robotic stairs? I don't know what that is. I decided to try it and I had a mini anxiety attack. The guy behind me tap my shoulder "Dude, do you not know how to ride those?" I felt embarrased and answered "Go ahead sir, im trying to figure this out" he pushed passed my shoulders and went up ahead. Rude
Now that you mention it he looks like he's one of those rockstar I saw on the newspaper one time. 'Rising rockstar comebacks with another new full album' I tried remembering the title. He looks like that guy! He's like one of them! With his ebony black hair and painted nails with a guitar slinging on his back.
Bad-ass yes that's the word for it BAD-ASS! He's bad-ass Marceline use to say it when we hang out.

I rode the escalator and lost the family I was following. I decided to ask the gaurd for instruction luckily he manage to direct me.

I head in towards the waiting area and sat down on one those metal chairs and decided to read a novel to past time.

Few hours later, I got bored and decided to look for something to eat. I went out and look for the food section.

Once I manage to get their I was so amazed. My eyes lit up in excitement. So many varieties of food to choose from look at those bread, those meat, Some drinks I assume is a lemonade.

A Japanese food stand caught my eye. I ordered Sushi and Tempura, it's one of Japan delicacies ive read in books. Always wanna try different types of food. Soon my order arrived I settled down and look for a table. I saw the rockstar I saw earlier and went to seat next to their table. He's with his co-mates I think. They were loud and making fun of each other. Kinda miss my friends. The guy who bumped into me saw me and glared, I immediately look away and continued eating my food.

After I finished I went to look at the different stores and maybe buy something. Turns out its very expensive. So I decided to headback.

When I arrive their they already announce that  they were already boarding? What's that? Leaving? "Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight xxx to California. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes. Thank you," The speaker announced.

Well I think Im leaving. I gulped and stood up and line to scan my ticket. The employee scan my ticket and told me to enter.

My heartbeat quicken than usual as I saw the enter sign. I started having mix feelings about this. Anticipation, nervousness, scared my stomach feels like exploding. Oh no this is worse. I bit my lip and put my fingers together. 

The short haired stewardess saw my discomfort "Hello Goodafternoon sir, what is your seat number? I'll help you find it" I look at my ticket and saw the number "20 miss."
She then directed me towards the back. I had to duck in and around people putting their luggage into the upper compartments and look for my number on the back of my seat that matched my ticket stamp. As I was walking I glanced at the oval shaped windows and saw the wing of the plane which reassured me that i'll be flying soon.

I found my seat, and turns out im seating with the 'rude guy' I had to roll my eyes luckily he didn't see it. He was now wearing sunglasses he pulled it down and look at me from up and down. I had the an urge to punch him. He was being impolite. This guy is the definition of what I expect city people are like and im not wrong.

I put my bag in my compartment and took my phone. Yes I have a phone, Bonni secretly bought me one and I use it to text her and call her. I don't know how to use the rest. I took a seat and texted Bonni that my flight is leaving. She responded with 'i'll come and pick you up once you arrived"

I typed in an 'alright' and put my phone Away. I stared at the window waiting for us to take off.

Minutes have passed and the cabin crew announced that we are already leaving and told us to put on our seatbelts.

I struggled fastening the seatbelt I had on my lap. My seatmate leaned over and buckled it up. He whispered a low "Good boy." I flushed a red hue across my cheeks. What's that supposed to mean?!

I had to clutch the handles of the seats with the strong take off. My seatmate had these big ear muffs? on. Its not even winter yet why is he's ears cold.
"Take a picture and it'll last longer," he saw me staring for too long and followed up with a smirk. I hide my face on my sleeve. I think I stared for too long. Come on Gabe you probably appeared a weirdo to him.

Minutes have passed were already in air right know. The chair started to feel uncomfortable. I keep pushing myself back and forth finding a comfortable position.

"Dude, what's wrong with you?"

"So uncomfortable right know" I grimaced.

"Deal with it it 5 hours till we land, dimwit"

I realized I can't have a proper conversation with this stranger so I decided to browse the pamplet displayed on the front. Its just instruction.

Later on we arrive, I got down from the plane and headed to the exit area. After that I didn't saw mister rockstar and his group. I went ahead and saw Bonni with a sign. I run upto her and pulled her into a hug. We both rejoiced "Bonni" "Gabe" we both said in sync. "How was your flight?"

"It was alright" I answered. We walked towards the parking area and saw Marceline's car waiting for us. Marceline pulled the windows down and greeted me. I returned the favor and entered the automobile.

We arrive at Marceline's apartment where I'll be leaving until I can afford one. Sigh, Tax seems to be a hassle. They led me to my room and I quickly unpacked and call it a day.

________________________________
AUTHOR: Hi readers! I would like to inform you that I'am not Amish nor American. I apologize for some innacurate description but I will try my best to research on the topics. So far I only have a surface level knowledge about Amish people. Please feel free to educate me.

Votes and comments are highly appreciated <8