a chameleon in danger

Espio was watching the team behind the bleachers, using his scales to go unseen. Unlike other chameleons, his scales didn't make him camouflage, but become invisible. But even though he was invisible, he still felt sad. The reason was because the soccer players were super popular, especially Silver, a white hedgehog in the fields. He just wished he was liked, just like that hedgehog. He then grabbed his backpack, and was walking home. He was walking for 5 minutes, when he was held back by 2 pairs of arms. He then saw his tormentors, Scourge and his gang. The ones holding him were Wave and Jet.

Scourge: so, you running home to your parents, Espy?

Espio: what do you guys want?

Scourge: oh, nothing much. Just to make you suffer.

He pulled out a pocket knife, smirking.

Espio: (scared) what do you plan on doing to me?

Scourge: just THIS!

Scourge thrusted the pocket knife into Espio's arm, causing it to bleed.

Espio: (in pain) AHH!!! STOP, PLEASE!!!!!

Scourge: (evilly)  hey babe, you wanna beat this bitch up too?

Fiona: (evilly) sure! (Grabs the pocket knife, and slowly cuts Espio in the tail)

Espio: th... This hurts! P-p-please, Scourge, stop!

Fiona: naw, this actually feels so satisfying!

Lightning: let me have a go! (Grabs the pocket knife, and is about to scratch his eye, when suddenly, a voice was heard)

??????: HEY! LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Silver ran over to them, and pulled Espio from the grasp of Jet and Wave.

Scourge: hey, what're you doing here, Mr. Perfect? Can't you see we're busy playing with that chameleon?

Silver: so, cutting an innocent kid with a knife while he screams in pain is now proclaimed "playing?" I guess you should stop playing with him then!

Lightning: (angry) hey, leave us to stab him!

Silver: why don't you go pick on someone your own size?

Scourge: ugh, fine! But mark my words, Silver, you can't protect that FREAK forever! You're gonna open your eyes and see that he doesn't even deserve life!

As they lest, Silver looked at Espio.

Silver: are you okay?

Espio: yes, thank you. That's the only time somebody ever stood up for me. Ever.

Silver: oh, I'm so sorry to hear that... Uh...

Espio: my name is Espio. And I take it your name is Silver?

Silver: yup! So, I'll see you around, Espio!

Espio: yeah. See you around, Silver.

When Espio got home, his father was there.

Android: you were gone for longer than usual.

Espio: my apologies, father.

Android: (angry) I FEED YOU, PUT A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, AND TREATED YOU LIKE A SON, AND THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT ME?!

Espio: father, I'm sorry! It's just that...

Android: AND WHAT'S WORSE, YOU'RE A MESS! WHY DID WE ADOPT AN UNGRATEFUL BRAT LIKE YOU?!

Espio: it's not my fault though, dad! Just listen to-

Android: (scratches Espio in the arm.) YOU SELFISH WHORE OF A CHILD!

As Espio screamed at all the strikes, he felt the blood lowering from his body.

Android: now go back to your room in the basement. No dinner tonight. You're grounded!

Espio raced downstairs, his heart aching. Why? Why did his parents hate him?