Part Six: The Execution

Alice was apprehended and imprisoned. Her captor was none other than Cheshire Cat--a spirit with human-like features except for his black cat-like ears and tail.

"You're a crazy woman, but I must commend you for killing two knights. You're quite skilled," the Cheshire Cat said as he stood in front of Alice's cell.

Cheshire Cat looked young, about the same age as Lucas. He had silky black hair and was dressed in a purple mantle with a pink shirt underneath and a pair of trousers. Alice, on the other hand, was well aware that he was over a century old.

Just like her.

Alice snorted. "I must have been desperate enough to kill two men twice my size and strength."

The Cheshire Cat stared at her for a few seconds before shrugging his shoulders and walking away.

"Wait! When's my execution?" Alice asked.

The Cheshire Cat froze, then he laughed. "My . . . You are, indeed, a lunatic. Why are you excited about your death?"

Alice shrugged nonchalantly. "It sounds thrilling."

When Cheshire Cat gave her a look, Alice grinned.

***

Two days later and Alice's execution day arrived. Alice showed no signs of exhaustion, so Lucas had to be within two days' reach. Handcuffed, the Cheshire Cat dragged her out. He threw her onto his shoulder and leaped out of the prison. As they flew toward the square, Alice smiled the entire time.

A guillotine was placed in the exact center of the square, and people were already gathered around it, waiting for her execution. The Cheshire Cat landed her directly beside the killing machine.

He threw her to one of the five knights, who shoved her toward the guillotine.

The sound of horse hooves soon reached Alice's ears, and she knew it was the Queen inside the approaching carriage.

"Watch, citizens of Hearts Kingdom!" the Cheshire Cat declared. "This will be the fate of those who rebel against the Queen!" And the knights prepared the guillotine.

The Queen remained inside the vehicle, which was guarded by another five knights. That, however, will not deter Alice from carrying out her plan.

Just as they placed Alice on the platform with her head in a round wooden frame, a commotion erupted.

"The White Rabbit! It's the White Rabbit!"

The Queen barked an order to the Cheshire Cat, who immediately obeyed her and fled to where the so-called White Rabbit was spotted.

That's when Alice broke into a wicked smile.

In the blink of an eye, she was freed from her cuffs and summoned her weapon. She drew a one-handed sword out of thin air and lunged at the Queen's carriage.

"Alice!" The Cheshire Cat screamed, charging at her like lightning.

But he was too late.

Alice thrust out her hand, and a transparent gold clock appeared in front of her. She jumped through it and ended up inside the carriage. The Queen screamed when she saw her emerged from the transparent clock. Alice swung her sword and beheaded her before she could even rise from her seat.

"Off with thy head."