I Meant To

I didn't mean to do it.

He was just pissing me off.

Everyday I ask him to do a simple thing, but he never does it.

Mother and father have to yell at him to do anything.

I have no power over him.

He towers over me.

He's much stronger than me.

My family is always comparing us. Being compared to him sends me into a rage.

They always say I'm just like him, but I'm not. I'm my own person.

Sure I tease my friends, but I never bully or hurt them.

Unlike him.

I'm not his "mini me".

I'm me. I'm me.

I'm me.

I'm me.

I'm me.

I'm me.

I'm my own person.

...

Right?

It happened so fast.

"Hey can you unplug this please?" I asked him.

He continued up the stairs spouting, "I have other shit to do and take a shower."

That was my breaking point.

Tears welled in my eyes as I broke down.

Why can't he listen to me for once?

I can't do anything to him. I know what will happen if I do.

I ran up the stairs and grabbed the sharpest knife. I tucked it away from eyesight of my parents as I made my way to my room. I sat there, waiting for a few minutes to pass.

I waited and waited, but he never came to take a shower.

I walked over to the next room, opening it. There he was, sitting on the bed playing on his phone.

"Of course..." I mumbled as I stepped inside. He stared at me, confusion written so very clearly on his face.

"What?" He asked before turning his attention back to his phone.

My parents would always tell me to calm down anytime I got angry. Maybe this was why.

My body moved on its own. My brother sitting in bed, unknowing of what I was doing. The sharp knife plunged through his chest. Slowly, I twisted the knife, causing an unholy screech to come from my brother's lips. His phone fell from his hands as I pulled the knife out. His body now lay there, lifeless, in a pool of blood.

I meant to do it.