Axed

The movie played in the background as I stood in the kitchen, searching for something to eat.

"Lance, what are you doing?" My father asked as I opened the fridge.

"I'm hungry," I mumbled, scanning the insides. Nothing was of interest, so I closed the door.

"Hey, while you're up, can you go grab my phone?" Mother asked. I groaned, but went back into her bedroom to look for her phone.

As I began my search by opening the drawer of her bedside table, I heard a blood curdling scream.

I quietly turned the corner, seeing a figure dressed in all black hacking away at my family. I gasped at the sight, fumbling back into the bedroom. I looked around for any sort of weapon, but all I could find was a fan. I unplugged it, hoping it would work.

"Come out, come out wherever you are~" the intruder said.

Tears filled my eyes as I shouted, running at them. I did my best to attack the maniac. They swung at me with their axe as I whipped the fan around. It wasn't doing much, so I had to find a new way of attacking.

I could choke them.

I managed to get behind them, but due to my height, I couldn't really get to their neck. I jumped up on the bed and then onto the attacker.

"You'll pay!" I shouted, wrapping the cord tightly around their neck, pulling hard.

They gasped for air, dropping the axe they wielded and tugged at the cord. I bent down a little and screamed into their ear.

"Die mother fucker!" I screeched, pulling even harder with the cord.

Luckily, the attacker finally lost consciousness. I heaved the axe down onto their neck, severing the head from the body.

I sprinted into the kitchen, seeing my dog whimper as she nudged the dead corpses of my family members. I sighed, picking up the phone and dialing 911.

I sat on the floor, petting my pup as I waited for the cops to show up.

The scene in front of my was horrific.

My entire family was killed.

All of them...gone.