chapter three

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Season 1, Episode 3
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"A waste of a butt." Bonnie says getting out of her car. "Listen, I'm not saying don't date the guy, I'm just saying take it slow."

"You are the one who said to go for it." Elena replied, walking towards the school.

"Now, I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie shrugged, Elena and Cora share a confused look.

"Why the about-face?" Elena asked.

"It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your attire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." Bonnie told.

Elena chuckled. "Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously what are you not saying?"

"It's stupid." She frowned.

"Bonnie." Cora spoke up. "What?" Bonnie sighed.

"Spit it out." Elena finished.

"I accidentally touched stefan.." She trailed on.

"Bonnie! Girl code!" Cora yelped.

"Not like that! I just.. got a really bad feeling." She sighed.

Elena and Cora paused for a moment. "Is that it?" Elena asked, chuckling. Bonnie huffed before trying to walk away.

"Bonnie!" Cora yelled after her, grabbing her arm gently.

"It was 'bad' bad." Bonnie spoke, defensively.

"Is this the witch-mojo thing again?" Elena questioned.

"You know what, I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." Bonnie said.

Cora sighed, looking down with her arms crossed. 'Boyfriend.' No one had actually said it out loud. Cora had felt extremely guilty recently for feeling jealous about her friend's relationship. She thought about what Stefan and Elena must've spoke to each other about for him to like her after one conversation and not Cora. She knew it was wrong which is why she hadn't said anything about it to anyone, except she was certain that Caroline was starting to catch on. Her thoughts got interrupted by Elena telling Bonnie she feels things are getting back to normal again.

"And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." She added. The trio began to walk for a while, around school grounds. Stefan eventually joined the group, causing bonnie to tense.

"Morning Elena, morning Cora, bonnie." He greeted with a nod and a smile.

"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone, so see you guys." Bonnie forced a smile before walking.

"Bonnie, wait!" Elena tried, but got ignored.

"Bonnie!" Cora yelled.

Stefan watched her leave before turning to the girls with scrunched eyebrows. "She doesn't like me very much."

"She doesn't know you. She's my best friend." Elena replied, walking closer to him. Cora cleared her throat, slightly offended. Elena rolled her eyes playfully before continuing. "She's just looking out for me, but when she does, she will love you."