Chapter Two- Elven Hitchhikes

You ran as fast as you could, the elves behind you catching up slowly but surely.

"God damn it..." You muttered. "I wish you were here, Faithful."

Once you were sure they had stopped chasing you, you had found yourself in the middle of a black sanded desert.

The sun beat down on you, it's rays torturing you in the worst ways possible. You were nothing but a mere puppet and the sun was the Puppeteer, pulling on your strings, for it chose when your show was over- and your show was almost at its end.

You panted heavily, staring at the sky and taking your final breaths. You collapsed against the soft yet burning grains of sand, closing your eyes and getting ready to pass out, when suddenly all you could see was a tall creature and a winged elf soaring down.

--------------------------------------------

"You there, human." She spoke in a singsongy tone. "Rise and shine~"

You opened your eyes, taking in her gorgeousness slowly.

Her velvety wings, her short and colorful collection of hair, those beautiful hetrochromic eyes, those glistening and shiny h-

"You just gonna sit there and stare at me, or uh..." She held her hand out to you, offering to pull you up.

"No no...." You spoke hoarsely and tiredly, your words slurring together a tad bit. "M fine.."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You're in the Midnight desert, probably a place worse than the human l- Oh wait..." The elf paused for second, before nervously giggling. "You are a human, right?"

You nodded softly, eyes still shut as you snuggled into your rough and coarse bag that was probably filled with sand.

She sighed, sitting next to you. "The name's Naimi Selari Nykantia. But you can call me Nyx." She said with a smile. "What's your name?"

"Y/n...." You grumbled. "Just call me Y/n...."

It took a while, but after around five minutes or so you had regained your strength and sat yourself up to get a closer look at Nyx.

She was seated in a sort of basket-like structure on top of her mount's head, holding the long snake-like reigns that stretched for what seemed like an infinity on its long and endless neck. You could only imagine how long it took to swallow meals and beverages.

"So...." You spoke, clearing your throat at last. "You're Nyx, eh?"

She flew down, landing in front of you and moving a strand of hair out her face. "Yeah, that's my name."

"It doesn't seem like lots of people travel with you, why's that? I'd travel with you if I were anyone else, you're awfully pretty for an elf." You smirked in a lovingly manner with a hint of flirtatious attitude.

Nyx smiled, hiding her face before moving a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Heh......"