Chapter Twenty-Four

Billie

I held a smile as I pulled up to Elles house, honking the horn a few times to let her know I was there.

Not even a minute later she came skipping out in a checkered skirt that went right above her knees, some fishnets covering her arms and legs a black shirt and some docs martens.

I got out to open the door for her and I noticed she was wearing a bit of eyeliner.

"Damn. You look amazing, mama."

"Thanks. You don't think it's too much do you?"

"No of course not. It's perfect."

She smiled and got into the car as I hurried over to the drivers seat.

"So do you wanna tell me where we're going?"

"Nope. It's a surprise. You'll love it though I can guarantee it."

She shook her head but buckled up with a smile as I put a song on for us to listen to. The drive wasn't too long, but there was a part of me that wished it was longer. Car rides were always one of my favorite things to do, and one day I wanted to take Elle on a long car ride.

Originally I was gonna take us to our spot for our date but since we already did that I had a better plan in mind.

"Did you eat something today?" I asked her.

"Umm I had an apple for breakfast."

"Okay that's good. We can get lunch on the way back okay? I brought some snacks for us though."

She nodded her head and I decided to change the topic to something else. We talked the whole ride of course and about 10 minutes later we arrived at our destination.

A little cliff that looks over most of Los Angeles. It had a huge tree that gave us plenty of shade and a little picnic table.

I parked a little bit down on the cliff so we had to walk a little bit.

"Billie what are we doing?" She asked.

"We're going to do a little activity. Wait here."

She sat at the picnic table while I went down to my car and got out our supplies. When I brought them all back up Elle immediately smiled.

"You did not."

"I did. We're gonna paint, mama."
I set the stuff down so she could rummage through them for a minute.

"Oh my god. Are you kidding? You even got all the primary and secondary colors!" She exclaimed, holding up a magenta color paint bottle. "What are we even doing?"

"Well actually Drew gave me this idea. So basically we're gonna paint whatever comes to mind then after 5 minutes we switch paintings and we have to continue what the other was doing. But we can't tell each other what we were originally painting, we have to guess and try and finish it. Does that make any sense?"

I tried explaining it the best I could. Elle gave me a smile and nodded.

"No, yeah it does. It sounds cute. What do we even paint?"