Chapter 2

"high school"

Andrew's POV

"Hello, Andrew my name is Principal Turner." putting his hand out offering a handshake as I accepted. "I understand that moving can be difficult especially high school but I can assure you that you'll warm up to this school." Walking down the hall until he stopped in front of a guy with his locker open which made me follow. "This is Marvin McFadden, he'll be your tour guide until you get used to things. If you - Hey! Stop right there!" He yelled before running off to stop a fight.

It's awkward for a bit until I decide to break the silence. "Well it's nice to meet you, Marvin, I'm Andrew S-"

"Stone. I know who you are you're the guy that always puts up a game against Nathan Scott." he yanked out his books then closed his locker. "Also you can call me mouth that's what everyone else calls me," he says which made me tilt my head a little bit confused at the nickname. "Weird nickname, I know. Anyways why did you transfer over here? Are you going to try out for the team? Also..." He rambles on as I see a brunette girl walk alongside a blonde until she disappeared around the corner. Then a voice brings me out of the short daze. "So?" he questioned dragging out the word.

"Huh? I mean yeah so I transferred due to divorce parents, didn't have a choice on that one, and as far as trying out for the team, I don't even know if they're looking for players." Mouth scoffed but didn't speak on it. "What?"

"You say that you don't know if the team has any spots open right?" I nodded. "Well there was this incident that happened a couple of weeks ago that involved some of the team and as result, they got suspended." I raised my eyebrows not expecting an opportunity especially like that. "Yeah besides Nathan and his friend but I'm pretty sure coach will let you in." The class bell rings as I raise the paper in my hand to see the schedule. "Hey, it looks like we have the first together.

I nodded, "Looks like we do," starting to walk until it hit me that I don't know where the hell the class is. Turning back around, "Yeah I know nothing about this place so looks like I'm gonna follow you around like a lost puppy." He laughed at the comment and continued to make our way to the class.

═════ ◈ ═════

The day has surprisingly not been that bad besides the introductions in front of the class. It's so damn awkward, you have to stand there and say dumb facts about yourself that no one cares about. Mouth and I only had two classes before lunch so I was pretty lost for the rest. Anyways back to the present, it was lunch and I have nowhere to seat. Until I saw Marvin signaling me to come over with three other people seating at the table.

"Guys this is Andrew Stone," he introduced the three to me. "Andrew, these three people are my friends."
I nodded and offered a handshake to the man besides Mouth who's Jimmy Edwards. And then to the two across the table.

"Lucas Scott, nice to meet you." the blonde one spoke while shaking my hand and moved on to the reddish slash brown color-haired girl who was looking at me very closely while squinting her eyes. "Haley?" the girl got out of her daze then shakes my hand with a slight chuckle while I just smiled slightly at the interaction.

"Sorry, I swear I've seen you before. You look really familiar." as she went back into the same expression as before.

"Maybe you know me from basketball, I used to kick your team's ass most of the time so that might be it." trying to not sound like a self-conceited douchebag, just trying to help her out. She shook her head, so I guess that wasn't the answer. "Well, I lived here up until the sec-" not even being able to finish my sentence before jumped up from her seat.

"Andrew!" she pulled me in for a quick hug before pulling away. Guess she remembered me so good for her but I still have no idea who she was. "You don't remember me do you?" she asked while it was my turn to shake my head. "We went to school together we would have little playdates. And you would always pull the chair out for me at the little tea parties." That's when the realization hit me. She was Haley James, the girl who would try to make a basket but be completely off.

"If it isn't Miss Haley James," giving her another hug before pulling away. "I'm guessing you grew out of that beanie phase," Lucas chuckled and that ended with Haley smacking him on the shoulder. "Anyways what have you been up to?"

She filled me in with her life and her family as I did the same. I also got to talk to Lucas who seemed like a nice guy, I was going to ask a question regarding his name but before I got to continue I was kicked under the table by my old friend. I spoke to Jimmy and Mouth who went on about their dreams of being sports announcers together. Also, Lucas kept mentioning a party for the team. And that was it for lunch.

═════ ◈ ═════

The rest of the school day went by pretty fast. I also got to meet Coach Durham after school. He told me to show up to the next practice so he can determine whether or not I'll be on the team. So far the day was going well.

"Dad I'm not going to one of your old friend's party!" I yelled walking upstairs. Guess I spoke too soon. Right when I got back from school my father told me we had to attend an event that his old school buddy was throwing. "Also I don't have anything formal to wear, so I guess you are out of luck old man, " I said turning the corner to enter my room and put my stuff near my desk before spinning around to face my bed. "Well, shit" I muttered, seeing a suit laid out on my bed.

"Guess I'm not out of luck!" He exclaimed practically hearing his smirk all the way up here.