Chapter 39

"switch"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"I knew their marriage would fall apart." I heard my father's voice speaking about the topic once again.

Ever since Haley left to join Chris on tour, Nate has been a mess. I went to go check on him, he talked like he was fine but his appearance told another story. I couldn't even get any other words out before the door was shut. It was clear that this is taking a toll on him.

I mean she didn't even tell anyone about her leaving. Not even a call or text message, I mean it hurts me so I can just imagine how it feels to be Nathan.

Before I could hear another thing from him, I walked out the door and headed towards my motorcycle. Definitely was not going to listen to him brag about him being right about my friends' marriage.

Do you know what does sound better? Me picking up the most beautiful girl I know. And soon-to-be date.

~

"I was started to think you were going to be late." She said as she walked out of the house.

"Me, late? Never." I responded which earned me a smile from her. "Here you go." passing her the helmet.

She grabbed it but not before saying, "You know about our date," getting my attention as I looked closely at her. "I have one condition."

Condition?

I narrowed my eyes and tilted my head, "And what will that be?"

"You also have to wear a helmet." I let out a relieved sigh. "As much as it makes me feel special that I'm wearing your one and only helmet, I also need you to be safe for our date. So get a helmet."

"I will do that." I agreed to her terms. "For a second there I thought you were gonna cancel," I told her as she looked at me.

"Why would I do that? I mean it took you long enough to ask me out." She remarked which made me scoff as I climb on the motorcycle.

"Okay, first of all, I was giving you space after your last relationship. The second is that I told how I felt and... well that period was just awkward." Remembering the embarrassment from that moment.

"I appreciate the space and when you told me your feelings I didn't expect it. But when I realized that I felt the same, I was just waiting if you would ask me out which you did." She told me as she started to put the helmet on. "Luckily for you, I said yes."